Saturday, October 31, 2009

Party On, Garth!

'Tis the season for PARTIES!! We had our ward Trunk-or-Treat, Lexi has Red Ribbon Week at school, and we had a cookie and carmel apple decorating party here with all our neighbors and a couple of other families! It was NUTS! ;)

Here are my super children!! This was at the Trunk-or-Treat carnival/dinner... !
Give me candy, please! Ella is a junk-a-holic!
Nice... Batgirl!


Maybe this is why he has already lost 2 teeth! #1, he's using his poor teeth to open things he shouldn't... and #2, that thing he's opening is FULL of sugar!!!!!!! Hmmm....

Cave girls, Danielle and Ashlyn!

I enlisted Duce, Danielle's husband, to hand out my candy with theirs. I just couldn't do it all! He was nice enough to give it all away! ;)

Lexi, Annabel, and Tori (Just a note here: Annabel is one of my piano students!)

Braeden, Kimber, and Lexi's lovely face again!

Cave girls are very aggressive. And Super Girl is being a little timid! These two are so funny together! They are great friends! (Ella and Ashlyn)

Braeden and Audrey

Monday this week was Crazy Hair Day for Red Ribbon Week. Lexi-lou went for some crimped, some red... all over the place! Very similar to last year... only with color!
Freckles are so cute, don't you think??! She takes such good pictures sometimes!

A look at the 61 apples before they ALL got dipped! I counted, and then I recounted last night, and we had 48 people here on Wednesday for our decorating party! It was a lot of fun... and a major mess! We invited all the children that live on our street... all of them... and with the exception of 1, they all came! Yay! We made new friends, and had a blast! Then I had a piano lesson, and Vicky stayed and cleaned up... crazy lady! Thanks to her! It was a MESS... and that's putting it MILDLY!

I thought I could contain it to the garage, but duh! I was sooo wrong. It was cold and windy, and we couldn't have the door all the way open.

I even gave in and bought milk to warm up for the hot chocolate! Mmmm....
Danielle and her girls, Ashlyn, Ciara, and Mekayla
This was a mild case of what the kids' faces looked like once the consumption started! :)
Teryn and her baby, Logan! They were even dressed very festive!
You can't see Ashlyn, but she's in the wagon, too!

Twins... cuties!
Braeden, Kaleb, and Jayden (They are Danielle's boys!)

Crazy Vinny, and Alex! Sugar goes straight into Vinny's bloodstream... like and IV!
Lexi was busy climbing the tree(s) and jammed her finger...

A look at some of our creations!
So the end result: 61 carmel dipped apples (homemade carmel), over 200 sugar cookies, 8 frosting colors, SPRINKLES coming out of the woodwork, and 48 happy people! :)

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Wow. That was one big party! Where do you get all your energy? That's amazing to host that many people and have so many things going on.
And the Soccer! And the Surprise lunch for Colleen! It is truly amazing and makes me tired watching it.;-)

Linda Liebhardt said...

And, please pardon my stupidity, but I know who Wonder Woman, Bat Girl and Super Girl (I think) are; who is "Flash"?
Still Waiting to see "Wonder Woman"--and that you are!

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background