Friday, October 16, 2009

A Fresh Look

So... as much as I really don't like our dining set, I REFUSE to buy anything new and nice as long as my kids are still pounding on it and leaving fork prints on the top of the table. BUT... the seats on these chairs were seriously NASTY!! They were getting totally stained and I just couldn't stand it anymore. So I headed to JoAnn's to see if I could find some material that would tie the family room together with the kitchen, since they have the same colors. And here you go! All I ever need is a staple gun, duct tape, and/or caulk! ;)

Before:

During:


And After:


I did put a layer of the plastic covering on, too, even though the kids' legs stick to it sometimes. I'm sooooo excited to be able to just wipe them clean after a meal! Yay! And the colors match the brown couch and the reds and greens everywhere else perfectly! Now I just need to recover a few pillows, and we'll be all set!
__________________________________________________

And on a side note: Tonight I am STILL up because I had to make a cake for the Husky Hoedown tomorrow! It's the fall carnival/fundraiser at Lexi's school. I should really learn to just head to the store and buy one. Especially when I have "helpers" around. This thing totally fell apart, and is now just DRIPPING with frosting from trying to cover up all the breaks, mistakes, etc. Oh, well! It's just for a cake walk... I hope no one cares!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cute cake. Did Ella ever calm down? You always have really creative ideas.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. I also really like the new chair covers.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Love, the new chairs. Sometimes a change is just the thing to cheer us up. Way back when, women used to buy a new hat, now we redecorate!
Colleen

The Draughon Family said...

I wish we won your cake!!! Did you guys leave? I was looking for you to come back and join us in line. Tavin ended up winning a cake, 2 sodas and 2 books. He was quite excited about the night's activities.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background