Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Fun of Being a Kid!

Most of these pictures I got from my friend, who is also Braeden's preschool teacher. She has Kimber, who is on Braeden's soccer team, and Tori, who is on Lexi's team! Oh, it works out soooo nice. Her family is so helpful to mine when I'm in need of getting my kids to practice on Tuesday's!
This is what we do while we wait for another's soccer practice! PLAY!!

Ella and Tavin



Lexi trying to climb the pole in a skirt... um... thankfully it didn't work! ;)

Watch the progression here... innocent look...

...turns mischievous... and WET...

...but so cute...

... and WET, WET, WET!!! Ella may love the water more than the other two... and that's saying something!

WHAT is Braeden doing? ????? I think they were voting on a team name in this picture. Silly kid. We're never at a lack for good facial expressions around here!

I don't think so! Take your little paws off my camera! ;)

And we climb trees... serious trees!


See the concentration? Remember me saying that about his tongue?




Lexi just loves climbing trees... no matter how scrapped up, bruised, and battered she gets.

Braeden's coach has them play tag towards the end, just to get them running, and build up their endurance! What a fun thing... and he will do anything just to keep from being tagged by Kimber!
They have so much fun together! Just look at their faces!
Nothing like a good piece of ice to cool you off during a HOT game!
There's that tongue again!


This is the day he lost his tooth! Don't you just love that he's driving around Snow White?!!?
And Lexi and Tori got me to let them have a tea party... and then half the neighborhood ended up in the back yard! What fun! We cut up apple slices, string cheese circles, pretzels, and then, of course, the chocolate chips and marshmallows! Plus they got me to make homemade lemonade!
LtoR around the table: Alexa (the one from down the street), my Alexa, Tori, Ella, and Missy.
Then we added a few more! Kimber, and even the older girls, Janice and Christy! Braeden and Jason were also there, but didn't want to sit and be an actual part of the tea party! I don't blame them!
This is to show that life IS, and SHOULD BE, carefree as a kid! I'm trying to convince Lexi of this every day, but somehow it's not sinking in right now. She is our Negative Nellie, Debbie Downer, Mary Quite Contrary... however you put it... she's it! She gets up EVERY morning and has something to whine about... even if it's the clothes SHE picked out the night before. How is it possible that someone can complain and whine as much as she does????????? Sigh! We're still praying every day that her attitude will change... and FAST!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have had tea parties like that when I was young. We made mud pies. I also pray for Lexi every day too! She is so precious, I hope she soon figures it out too. Maybe when her Daddy comes home it will be better.
Love, Mom

The Finks said...

Oh my heck they are so dang cute I miss you guys!

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background