{The actual date for this was Tuesday, 3 May.}
The Lake Elsinore Storm is a minor league team that is close and offers us the opportunity to go to a game that isn't super crowded, for relatively cheap, and has hokey themes that our children like. This time it was "Christmas in July in May"...? Strange, but true. And this was Damian's idea for Family Home Evening this particular week. It always seems that his FHE's are out and about costing us money, but at least he plans and carries out some of them, right? :o)
This game night had tickets that allowed for certain free foods at the snack bar... as many as you like! Pizza, nachos, hot dogs... stuff like that. We only had to pay for drinks! Yay! We sat on the front row just off third base, there was literally no one there, and the kids got a fun surprise. (You'll see it in a picture with an explanation!) Fun night, and actually relaxing for an evening in public with the kids. (Meaning not so many people around that I am nervous about keeping track of them, worrying about them bothering other people... that kind of stuff!)
And I have to apologize to Damian... he was here, and I usually get a picture of him, but this time it slipped by without one. Sorry! It's strange that there are pictures of me and not him. ??? What happened?? ???
 |
| Ella looking at Thunder the mascot in a Santa suit... and wondering what on earth is going on! |
 |
| I don't know how this green monster thing turned out to be the mascot, but he is fun to watch! |
 |
| Giving Braeden 5! |
 |
| This guy in his ugly Christmas sweater asked if our kids would like to say "PLAY BALL" after the national anthem for the start of the game... and they happily agreed... |
 |
| ...and then they got shy and embarrassed and you could hardly hear them saying it. Sheesh... these kids! They are such sticks in the mud. Stinkers. But they got a soft baseball anyway and were happy about that. I made them promise that if they were ever asked to do anything like that again that they would either DO IT and DO IT LIKE THEY MEAN IT or kindly turn down the offer and let someone else who WILL have fun with it do it! (I'm sure that they don't remember that, and I'll likely give them another chance. The point was that they should just HAVE FUN! And that no one is going to judge them or say anything!) |
 |
| Ella and I on our way back from a trip to the snack bar for more stuff! She's just happy with her lemonade! Though I should note that she did eat her pizza and some nachos, too! |
 |
| I know this is totally disgusting, but I L-O-V-E nachos! With LOTS of cheese! Yummy! And notice... there is no one around me! |
 |
| An actual shot of why we were there. Braeden took his glove in hopes that he would catch a ball. Well... that didn't happen, but one of the players tossed a ball to a kid sitting just down from us and he gave it to Braeden!! Sooo nice! There are some really good, kind, thoughtful teenagers out there! Yay! |
Fun times! Thanks, Daddy, for a great night out!
2 comments:
Looks like such fun!
Mmmmm, cheesy nachos. They looked yummy, Tandy. What a great time out with the family. Thanks for posting all the fun pictures.
Post a Comment