... since there were no whales to be seen in that water that day. Boo! We did finally make it on a nice day, but we had to do it on a Sunday. Now... please hold your judgments. We just do what we have to do because of Damian's schedule... and it was his only day off before the tickets EXPIRED. So we went to Sacrament Mtg. and then headed out from there. We definitely lost the Spirit of the sabbath, but had a good time as a family! And though we didn't see any whales, it was fun, and we learned a few good lessons... about sea sickness! ;o)
{Actual date for this event was 22 May!}
 |
| Off we go! Just leaving the harbor. Damian, Lexi, Braeden, and a very excited Ella! ;o) |
 |
| Now even this would make Damian sick. |
 |
| Sea lions on the jetty. |
 |
| We saw lots of pelicans, too! |
 |
| And though we ended up not really needing these because the dolphins were literally right next to us, it was fun to look through them anyway! Lexi |
 |
| Braeden is obviously looking the wrong way... but maybe he could see the ribbing on my shirt. |
 |
| I couldn't actually believe that she could see anything through these, but she COULD! She figured it out, adjusted them just right and saw some dolphins off in the distance! :o) |
 |
| The boat did several circles around the buoy to let us capture some lovely sights of the slothful sea lions vying for space in the sun. One fell off and another scooched over and spread out and then would NOT let the other back up on. They are NOT NICE! |
 |
| This is the life for me, I've decided. Or... maybe that of a house cat. Do nothing, lay in the sun, take nap after nap, wander, and never have any responsibility. Yes... cat... with owners that provide the food and shelter... cat it is! |
 |
| I forgot to take Dramamine before we left, but I wasn't the worst one on the trip this time! It actually wasn't too bad, though after almost 2 hours I was starting to feel queasy and ready to head back. |
 |
| You just have to go in person, because still pictures and even the video camera simply cannot capture the full view of just how many there really were. Literally hundreds! This pod was actively hunting anchovies. |
The next several pictures are of just what we saw. Lots of these are taken without using any zoom at all. Enjoy!
 |
| Man, I love my camera! I can quickly catch the entire jump in just a few shots and have them turn out well! LOVE IT! (Even though I am not a good photographer at all. There is something to be said about investing in a camera that makes up for the inadequacies of the person behind the lens!) |
 |
| See how many there are coming up just on this one still shot?? So fascinating to watch them. |
 |
| Ella and her "binocliars." |
 |
| Trying to figure out the very best possible rest for them so she doesn't have to hold them up. They do get heavy after a while... especially for such a little thing! |
 |
| Again... my favorite part. Pure joy! |
 |
| We thought that Ella was starting to look a little "green" so Damian picked her up and within probably 5 minutes she was fast asleep! |
 |
| So I ended up taking a seat and holding her the rest of the time! This was about half way through our 2 1/2 hr. trip. We had a nice chat with this lady, her husband, and son. |
 |
| Now it's Lexi's turn. She was really starting to feel icky. This is my girl that can ride rollercoasters until AFTER the cows come home. Seasick. |
 |
| Braeden, on the other hand, snacked the whole time and wasn't bothered at all. |
 |
| All the poor girls. Sick and tired. ;o) |
 |
| So fun to see them swimming literally right next to the boat. |
 |
| This was after she started feeling queasy and then turned around just in time to see a guy throw up in the trash can right next to her. That just did her in. She stayed up here behind me the rest of the time. Poor thing! |
 |
| We all just stayed up here and took a rest while on our way back to BELOVED LAND!! Damian just laughed at us! |
Thanks to Daddy. We always have a great time when he is with us! He got the kids some much needed sustenance when we got back, and we drove up Coast Hwy for a ways on the way home! Beautiful! And we went over the mountain on the 74 and past Lake Elsinore. Such a nice, peaceful day!
2 comments:
Tell the girls I feel their urpy pain. I get sea sick on FLAT sea. Yes I understand the irony of this as we dive. I wear the patch as I can watch the pills going overboard. Ugh!!
I was sick just watching the videos and I didn't even go! Looks fun though.
Love, Grandma Pam
Post a Comment