Monday, June 6, 2011

Something Random...

... but that needs to be represented, I think.  We spend a lot of time around here painting banners, it seems, so I'm including one of the latest.  
For Teacher Appreciation Week I was asked to paint a giant banner "Thank You" for Mrs. Shorack (Braeden's class), and since they had been talking about farms I decided to make a farm.  I wish that I had taken a picture of the finished product, but... such is life!  I found some super cute clip art and printed out several different farm animals for the kids to choose from.  Then I went into class and pulled them out one at a time to ask them why they loved Mrs. Shorack and thought she was the BEST!  Funny stuff!  Then I began painting this and had to have it done quick, but Ella REALLY wanted to help, so I let her paint the mud for the pig pen!  She did AWESOME!  And she agreed to stay in the lines of the grass.  So nice, huh?  It really just kept her very busy with something that could actually look like MUD while I scurried to finish the rest!  :o)  {As bad as that sounds... it just needed to get done... and QUICK!}


This wasn't quite the end... I had to finish the barn, the sky, etc.  Boo for not taking a picture of the finished product... DUH!  It really did turn out super cute, especially with FARMER SHORACK and all the ANIMALS (kids!) on it!  So fun!  I love volunteering at school!  It keeps me in the loop and active in what goes on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to see the finished product. It was fabulous! Just like everything Tandy takes on.
Love, Grandma Pam

Linda Liebhardt said...

Besides all that, you know what I think is really cool? That you have ROOM on your FLOOR in the house to do something of such a massive scale! I love your house.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background