Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lexi's Baptism!! 8 IS GREAT!

Several weeks before the baptism I took Lexi and got some pictures of her in her baptism dress for our little announcements that we sent to family.  Those are at the bottom of the page.  Then just shortly before the baptism we went with Avery, her cousin (removed a little, but we don't try to figure it out anymore... we're just family!) to Old Town and took some (well... LOTS) of shots of them together!  We had a very special opportunity to share the special occasion with her.  Avery could have been baptized in March, but their family wanted to be around more family and priesthood holders than they can provide on their own, AND Lexi and Avery are FRIENDS, so she decided to wait around for Lexi to turn the fantastic age of 8 and be baptized together!  We were sooo happy that they wanted to share that with us, and the girls were excited to share it with each other, too.
I have to admit that getting the scheduling all worked out was nothing short of a BEAST... mostly due to our Stake Primary Secretary, but it all worked out in the end and they are now enjoying their new covenant with the Lord, their membership in the church, and especially the gift of the Holy Ghost!
Below you will see a series of pictures that we took of the two of them.  We selected most of these for the collage we put together for the display.  (I should take a picture of that, huh?  We didn't get one at the baptism...  I'll try.  I'm so far behind I can't promise anything, but... I'll TRY!)
They are just so cute together!  Salt and pepper!  Love it!  And we revisited this wall that we had a couple of our family pictures done in front of... just for some GREAT color contrast!
I should also note here that they are wearing the SAME dress.  NOT ON PURPOSE!  Just mother's who have the same great sense of style and eye for a bargain!  ;o)


So much more REAL than the others!  Haha!

I think that this one is my VERY FAVORITE of them!  There's another that's just a head shot that is also my favorite, but this one is just fun!  They were twirling!



They were both wearing cute sparkly nail polish!  I couldn't resist!  And for me that's serious.  Because I hate feet...!



I love this picture!  I know there's an ugly chain link fence and parking lot in the background, but I still love it!

This is the other one!  Suzy took this one and it is sooo good!  LOVE IT!!!

Then the actual day FINALLY rolled around!  After an early baseball game at 8 with Braeden, a soccer game at 9 for Lexi, we really had to scurry to get everyone showered, dressed, and to the church in time to set up!  But we made it!  And it was perfect!  We were surrounded by friends and family who had come from far and near and there was a very special feeling there!
Cute girls in their baptism jumpsuits!

Lexi and Damian!

Amazingly enough it's not Braeden that's NOT looking at the lens this time.  Drat!  We'll never get this down!  Haha!  This one's a pretty good shot... also credit to Suzy here!

Lots of us!  Mostly Damian's side of the family along with Kirk's brother and his family, and his mom.  (Kirk is Avery's dad!)

Us with Gma Pam!  How sad... this really is probably the best shot.  Yikes.

How fantastic that Braeden is totally covering Lexi.  This is THE ONLY shot where her head is even showing at all.  Family!  We love them all!  On the back row we have from L to R:  Nick, Uncle Gary (Avery's gpa), Kirk, Aunt Tuny (Avery's gma), Suzy, Gma Linda, SAmberie, Damian, Gma Pam, me, Aunt Colleen and Uncle John, Leslie and Josh, and Great-Gma Liebhardt.  In the front from L to R:  Justin and Devin (Avery's brothers), Braeden, Lexi (barely), Avery, and Ella!

Devin, Avery, Justin and Lexi enjoying their long awaited food!  We all came here to our humble abode for sustenance and good company!  Thanks to all who provided in our fabulous spread!  I didn't get a picture of that, either, but it was really good!  With brownies and ice cream, toppings, the whole works!  YUMMY!  We had sandwiches, fruit, veggies... we had it ALL!

And poor Gpa Mike.  I had begged his help and he was out on his errand while we were taking pictures.  No one could wait any longer.  We were all starving!  Thanks, Dad!  I'm so sorry!  And I still need to get this picture and the other one to Nick for some photoshop expertise!  We've done this with Damian before!  ;o)
Below are the pictures of just Lexi!  Ella just HAD to get this dress on with her BLACK shoes.  Strange child, she is.





Yep... Braeden's had enough of the picture taking... and Lexi's had quite enough of HIM!  :o)

Brothers... they're only good for being obnoxious sometimes!

Somehow this looks like a fake background, but it's totally not!  I love this picture!


I don't really like this picture, but Lexi REALLY liked this picture... so... I'm posting it!

And this is my favorite.  I don't know why... but it is!
We put these together for the baptism AND Mother's Day, which was the following day!  They had to be shared by all!
And... just for our Mother's Day events... I got up early to SHOW my mothers and Gma Liebhardt that I love them. I didn't get them a card, but I did my best to show my love and gratitude for all they do for me. I fixed a big breakfast, with Nick's help, of bacon, lots of fruit, German pancakes, etc. It was really good, and I'm so thankful for church at 11! Otherwise I would have never pulled it off!
Then we headed to church... and we were ON TIME!! (BTW: We have now made on time to church 5 weeks in a row!! Before they even announce the opening song! Yay!)
The kids sang in Sacrament Mtg and it was a hit! Especially the part about picking noses! Haha! (I'll include the lyrics to the song at the end. Put it to the tune of Our Bishop in the Children's Songbook!) Then I did my regular circus act in Primary. And we came home to the yummy smell of a roast I had put in! I had to have help getting dinner ready... the veggies in the crockpot were NOT done, so Dad helped me salvage that really quick, and I had help with the corn, the salad, and keeping the kids entertained while it all got done! We had a feast of yummy food, and then I had dipped and decorated strawberries for dessert (especially for the MOTHERS)! You can find a picture of those on Momma Linda's blog! I didn't know, but they are Gma Liebhardt's favorite! Whew! I know it doesn't sound like much, but for a day when I usually get a nap... it was an ordeal!
Hope my mothers, including Colleen, know how much I love them and how grateful I am for all that do not only for me, but for my husband and children. They are WONDERFUL!  Especially mine!  She taught me all the important things... the gospel, especially, and though we fight like cats sometimes, I can't imagine what I would do without her.  She is not only a wonderful mother, but a fantastic Gma, too, who is willing to do lots of fun things with and for my kids!  Thanks, Mom!  I love you!  Words can't express just how much.

Okay... the promised lyrics:
"That's My Mother"

Busy as a bumblebee, that's my mother!
Always taking care of me, that's my mother!
Washing dishes, washing clothes, telling me "don't pick your no-ose;"
I'm so glad she loves me so.  That's my mother!

Busy as a bumblebee, that's my mother!
Always cleaning after me, that's my mother!
Drives me all around the town, helps me write my homework do-own,
Hugs me when I have a frown, that's my mother!

Teaching me what Christ would do, that's my mother!
And she's serving others, too!  That's my mother!
Baking bread the whole day long... could be someone else's mo-om....???
It's for her I sing this song!  That's my MOTHER!!

{This post represents 7 May for the baptism and 8 May for Mother's Day!}

3 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Great post, Tandy! Nick can steal those two photos off the blog to do his photo shop magic, can't he? I'll let him know they are out there. ;-)

Anonymous said...

* Like

- SAmberie

Anonymous said...

I really like the one Lexi likes because it looks so natural. The next one that you like looks like she is scared of something?
I love all of your pictures though, and I'm so glad we could be there.
Aunt Colleen

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background