Sunday, November 7, 2010

"COOL" Beach Times

So... toward the end of July we made a play date with our friends, the Smith's! We set it so we could meet at the beach in Oceanside, which is basically 6's for both of us, and we planned a great time! BUT... just like the rest of the summer...(literally until school STARTED) it was very chilly at the beach! But that didn't stop us!! We went, played, and had a great time... minus the rocks they had trucked in to stop the erosion of the beach up to the street line! It's always so good to get together with our friends that we don't see very often... or often enough, anymore!

This is Camille!  She and Ella are VERY much alike!  They both give their mommies a very hard time, but they bring us smiles, laughter, and they keep us young!

See all those rocks??  We had been to this beach before with NO ROCKS, but... as you read above!  Sabrina and Lexi are having a hard time protecting their tender feet!

Braeden and Kenzie!  Guess what he's about to do with that rock... just guess!  I'm sure you've NEVER seen Braeden throw a rock before, huh? 

My sweet that always wants to go to the beach, but HATES the waves when we get there!!  Love her smile and her love of the sand!

Let me explain... because I KNOW she'll be mad at me for posting this picture!  This is my friend, Jessica, and I love her, but she HATES the camera.  And this is the ONLY picture I got of her.  My camera died about 3 pictures later... you'll see!  I didn't get hardly any pictures of this trip!  Boo.

You'd be surprised at the rocks, shells, and other things they pick up and keep in their buckets!  Sabrina, Lexi, and Braeden

This is my FAVORITE picture from that day!  Camille is eating VERY SANDY snacks!!  Most of us say eeewwwww!  But she just kept on nibbling!  She didn't even fuss... about that, anyway!!




It was cool, but we had a good time! Hopefully next summer will be warmer during the summer break, and cooler when school starts!! I can't tell you how many days right after it started this year that I really considered pulling them out and heading to the beach for the day because it was soooo nice!! Boo!!!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Okay, so I had a big smile on my face as I was reading about our beach day and seeing all the cute pics until.....yes, you were correct...I didn't like seeing that pic of me. Tandy, Tandy, Tandy....its a good things I love you anyways :)

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background