Monday, November 29, 2010

Miramar Air Show

After soccer, a rest, and some watching of General Conference we headed down for the evening portion of the Miramar Air Show.  Damian had to work in the main first aid tent there, and said that it was actually VERY busy.  This was Oct. 2nd.  (And we learned a very {VALUABLE} lesson.  No matter the cost to sit in the "Grandstand"... just pay it and go in the early afternoon.  It's WORTH it.  Maybe next year!)


Just as we were getting there and trying to figure out WHERE on EARTH to go... it was SOOOO LOUD and we caught sight of this... hovering above the stands.  It's a Harrier jet. 

This picture is almost totally sideways, but you can still see it hovering!  We thought it was absolutely awesome!

Um... Mom... the camera is over here!  Hello???  Braeden...?  Ella!!!  Lexi... be serious!  Sigh... NEVERMIND!

No matter how hard I try... some pictures are just NOT meant to be!  (Now you know... or can assume... just how many shots it actually takes me to get a GOOD one of ALL THREE!!!!!)

Crazy people.  Parachuters, I mean!

This one's a little grainy, but you can see that 4 of the 5 parachuters have FIREWORKS coming out of their FEET!!!!  AAAHHHHHH!!!  J/K... It was really fun to watch!

I highly doubt that these guys really descend with sparklers going off!  I think they try to be a little more... inconspicuous... than this, wouldn't you think?  Haha!

Yay!  He got to come out and see us for a few minutes.  It's so sad that we're always excited to GET TO SEE HIM FOR A FEW MINUTES!!  Just sad.

My mom tried so hard to get us to cooperate for a picture of our family there together... but... she cut Lexi off...  Sigh.  A good picture around here is so {HARD} to come by!

Braeden is now trying to FLY!

Gma Pam and Ella enjoying the show!

Lexi... enjoying... or not... I can't tell here!


I think something is {SCARING} Ella!

Just {ONE} of the many reasons why we should have paid for seats.  This MONSTER thing... (and the turbo diesel, and the best view of the WALL OF FIRE).  This thing... that has a name I can't remember, picked up a car and demolished it. 

The things we resort to when we can't really see what's going on, but still want to have some fun.  Don't ask!
They do put on a pretty good firework show!  Followed by a very... and I mean VERY... HOT wall of fire!

Fireworks will {NEVER} cease to amaze US!

1 comment:

Tandy said...

If you're reading this you should know. I LOVE comments. (In other words: LEAVE ONE!!) I'm actually obsessed with knowing whether or not all the gma's, other family, and friends have looked and kept up with us!
Okay... you get the message, right? ;o)

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background