After the first soccer game... on Sept. 11th... we decided to head to Aunt Colleen's for some Po' Box dinner with the family! And they turned out soooooo yummy! It's true; it had been a long time since we had made them, but still...
AND they weren't exactly Po' or Hobo... they got some rosemary, garlic, some BBQ sauce added to the hamburger made them sooo juicy and tender, and even some green chili for some! So good!
 |
| The assembly. You need: ground beef (like a hamburger patty), chicken (if you like), tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onions, butter, and things like rosemary, green chili, and garlic... plus the regular seasonings (salt, pepper, etc.). YUM! |
 |
| But more than the ingredients... you NEED family to share it with. Makes for such a good time! |
 |
| I think this was Lexi's. She has the real Hobo Dinner look. Very simple! Beef, chicken, carrots, potatoes, and a few onions! |
 |
| This can... CAN... be done on the BBQ, but the charcoal is so much more fun. And we had just enough space for everyone's. Josh and Leslie's were added to the mix, too. They had gone to the store, so we had to wait for them to call us back and tell us what they wanted in their foil! |
 |
| Colleen, Jody, Sam, Chris, Lexi, and Amberie |
 |
| Lexi and Amberie! Not-so-patiently waiting! (What's great is that even the biggest one of these... Sam's... was done in about 20 mins. The coals were SIZZLIN' HOT!!) |
 |
| Sam's was sooo big, and we didn't get him foil big enough... that we couldn't flip his over, so we had to add coals to the top! Still worked! |
 |
| The ULTIMATE Fat Kid Snack! Those are Chris and Jody's words... not mine! But... it would be true if you ate as many as you wanted. They really are SO GOOD!!! Just open an oreo, slap some peanut butter in, close, and ENJOY!! |
 |
| They are now ready to savor! Jody, Chris, Sam, Amberie, and Lexi |
 |
| The cooked and eatable product! Mmmmm-num! |
 |
| Chris is wondering if it is at all possible that Sam's GIGANTIC mess of stuff actually got done! It did... and he ate it ALL! |
 |
| Oh, so good... and oh, SO HOT!!! Lexi and Damian are really the only ones that eat potatoes in this house! Yay for Lexi!! (I do try them every time now... just to be a good example, but... I still really do NOT like them.) |
And we did roast marshmallows after, but I didn't get any of those sticky pictures. I was too sticky! ;o)
3 comments:
You are almost caught up. Good Job. We love to look at the pictures and remember good times. Thanks.
Aunt Colleen
So funny that I read this post today. We attempted these over the weekend while we were camping and it was a total bust. It was raining, so we ended up putting them in the oven at 450 for 25 minutes. The ones on the top rack were underdone and the bottom ones were burned. Go figure. Maybe next time we'll try it when it's not raining and we can put them on coals. :-)
Oh, how I love hobo dinnners. I wish I could have been there.
Love, Mom
P.S. I also love the pictures and remembering the good times (even though I am not there)
Post a Comment