Sunday, November 21, 2010

Soccer Came... and WENT Before I Even Got One Post Up... Boo!

Well... Like it says in the title.  Come and GONE!  So, I'll just include a few (and when I say few... you KNOW very well that's not really what I mean!) pictures here of the whole season, and you'll get the idea in a nutshell!  Lexi did score this season... but only once, I think!  Woo-hoo!  And Braeden, well... I'm sure you've heard.  There was only one game when he didn't score, and most of the games he was scoring several times.  And both Lexi and Braeden are VERY GOOD DEFENDERS!  Love watching their games, and I am sad to admit that I'm too loud and into it.  Well... putting it nicely, I'm usually the sideline entertainment!  Ha!
The season ran from Sept. 11th for the first game to Nov. 13th for the last!
Braeden is sweating... and dripping... before the game even STARTS!  Yes, they were warming up and practicing a little, but seriously???  He's ALWAYS sweaty.  Cute, but sweaty!


And we LOVE having friends on our team!  He got to be on Kimber's team again!  They are so fun to watch together!

I'm not really sure what game this was... 1st or 2nd probably, but he took a nasty hit from another kid's head and it laid him FLAT!  Poor little guy.  He even had to come out for a few!

In an older division he would have had to do this throw-in again!  Look at his arms.  Not letting go at the same time!


Lexi loves soccer, but she's  not as SERIOUS about playing HARD as Braeden is.  She's mostly concerned that she's too hot... or out of breath... or... (basically whatever there is to complain about!)  We had to have a chat about this, and she shaped up pretty well by the 3rd game or so!

Take that ball, Lexi!!

She's a good player, but I have to say that she is MUCH better at defense.  She's not intimidated by someone coming at her when they have the ball and she has to take it away, but the other way around is a very different story!

REALLY??  Ewww!

Look at her face and you'll know EXACTLY what I mean about whining!  Here she is with Coach Kristen, the other Lexi next to her, and Tessa on the other side, with Morgan behind them.

Oh, SO READY!  (I have to say... Braeden is also an AMAZING defender.  But he does well at scoring, too.  They don't have a goalie in this age division, so I can't tell you HOW MANY times he was there to save a goal just before it went in for the other team!  COUNTLESS... and he was coming full speed all the way from the other goal.  He's a fast little stinker!)

And man... he can boot it, too!


You want us to what?  Haha!  Braeden and Ryder (with a blurry Cooper in the front)!

SCORE!!

My little #5!!

Lexi totally hated this team name for a while, but I guess it grew on her.  (Seriously... she was crying about it when she left the practice that decided the name.)  I am of the opinion that if your jersey is purple, then you don't need to include that actual color in your name.  Obviously they're purple... Like Green Dragons... hate that.  Yellow Lemons... hate it.  Get the idea??  (Braeden's team was named the Barracudas!  But they didn't even bother getting a banner.  Just another thing to spend time and money on.)

Ella is going to rip it up when she's old enough to play.  This girl can dribble like nobody's business!

And this is what she does when she needs a rest.  Just so no one else can play without her WHILE she's resting!  Running and dribbling is VERY EXHAUSTING!

Lexi playing goalie!  Nice one-handed save!

Braeden and Ella "watching" Lexi's game.  Chance is the little husky dog on Braeden's head.  It was his turn to bring him home from school for a visit!

Alexa (Lexi), Avery, and Alexis (Lexi)  (Yep... it gets confusing for them when the coach is yelling their name, but not really calling them.  They are both going... huh??)  And we were soooo happy when Avery decided she wanted to play soccer.  It gave us the reason we (meaning her mother and I) NEEDED to get them together!  We only live 10 mins. from each other... and we're family... and the girls really love hanging out, but could we get it together??  No.  Poor girls.  They both asked us when it was over if they were never going to see each other any more!  We promised them that we wouldn't go back to our old ways!!  ;o)

Kickoff

GO, Lexi!!

Lexi and Avery

Suit up for goalie... again!

Go Diva Girls!


He got a good break-away from everyone but Mason, and took it ALL THE WAY IN!!!  Woo-hoo!  I'm so glad I got it on camera!  (Unlike most of the goals... and especially Lexi's ONE goal... boo on me!)

And he KNOWS it was good!  Haha!
Go Barracudas!!

Gma Pam even got to come for 2 games!  Yep, 2... and not on the same weekend!  2 for each kid!  (And it just so happened that one of them was the day it was POURING rain for Lexi's game... by the time Braeden's game came around 2 hours later, it had stopped and was BEAUTIFUL!)

And I was sooo grateful to have Damian's help this year.  Last year he was deployed, and though he didn't get to go every Saturday... some was WAAAYY better than NONE!

Team chat!  This is the "I know you can do BETTER" chat!

And when it's hot...

... a spray bottle is a good way to cool off for a minute!  LOVE this face!  Ella

Practicing her photography skills on Gma's camera!
The first game they actually won... not tied... WON!!  6 of the 9 girls on this team had never played before... and sometimes you could tell, but not this game!  They won 1-0 and it was POURING rain the ENTIRE game!  They had so much fun!!!  Wet, stinky, and cold, but FUN!

END OF SEASON party!  L to R around the table:  Stirling, Kimber, Jenna, Kristen, Hope, Crew, Braeden, Cooper, and Ryder  (I did forget to mention that his age division is still co-ed, but that will change next fall.  Boo.  No more Kimber!)


Braeden and Coach Paul

Back row L to R:  Avery, Tessa, Lexi, Emily, Christina, and Ariel                                                Front:  Coach Kristen, Kelsey, Morgan, and Alexis

Coach Kristen had a little to say to and about each player!  Lexi was, as always, embarrassed!
It was a GREAT season!  And, as always, they improved and loved the game!

No comments:

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background