Each time we are in Utah for more than a couple of days, we (or I) make it a point to do certain things, and eat at certain places! So... here you will find our family traditions! Each year we attend at least one Green Show at the Shakespearean Festival, play in the water on the west side of the Canyon Park, eat at Hermies and The Pizza Factory (which I don't have a pic of... ), and we TRY to take at least a drive up the canyon, but we usually also try to fit in a little CASUAL fishing, too!
Enjoy!
(The content of the following is from JULY this year... the last day... fishing... was the 13th!)
 |
| Hermies! Can you believe it's been 16 years since I worked here?? Seems... well not THAT long ago! (Gpa Mike, Gma Linda, Nick, and Braeden!) |
 |
| Gma Pam with Ella and Colleen (And can I say how nice it is to be able to get everyone together and have a good time?? It's wonderful to have family to share our good times with!) |
 |
| Me and Lexi... total cheesy, Gail, Jonathan, and Caroline (who was not looking for ONE of the FIVE pictures!! Haha!). |
Below you will find our time at the Canyon Park to be very... fun, wet, and productive!
 |
| Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green? Do you sit by a stream and lazily dream, on the banks as the clouds go by? Is that what you do? So do I! Ella and Caroline |
 |
| The flip-side! |
 |
| The start of THEIR tradition! A dam! Lexi |
 |
| Nick, Gail, and Jonathan... NOT getting wet! |
 |
| Braeden... with the dam coming along very well! |
 |
| These two can dream stuff up and work so well together... when they're OUTSIDE. It doesn't seem to work this WELL when confined in a room. But... sometimes is better than NEVER, right?? |
 |
| Yikes! Don't drop that on your toes, Lexi! |
 |
| Placed ever-so carefully! |
 |
| And one OBVIOUSLY needs some mud plaster for the dam, too. Ick! It even made it in her bangs. My kids are so... dirty! |
 |
| Nick is attacking Jonathan with the sticky foot! |
 |
| And he got Ella, too! It's wrapped around her HEAD!! |
 |
| Can you say... PAYBACK????? |
 |
| Love this! Look at the foot still swinging around right behind his head! Haha! |
 |
| But sometimes it doesn't work out in her favor! Oops! |
 |
| This takes lots of OOMPF and concentration! |
 |
| She got him! |
 |
| Love! Love uncles that are so good at entertaining my kiddos! |
 |
| And love uncles that are good at entertaining their other nephews, too! |
 |
| I couldn't resist his chubby cheeks any longer! Sorry, Jonathan! |
The Green Show. I think my kids are growing out of this, but I make them go anyway. They need a little culture in their lives! I think it was Irish night when we went! I still think it's totally fun(ny)!
 |
| Gpa Mike holding Braeden, Gma Linda holding Jonathan, Lexi holding Ella, and Caroline holding her sucker! |
 |
| Proof that I'm there... along with some pirate riff raff in the background! ( I must insert here that there were some especially choice people there that night. YIKES! But for your sake, and mine... I deleted the pictures of them! No thanks needed. I already know that judging people based on what they have mistakenly left home wearing isn't nice.) |
 |
| LOVE! Ella and Lexi |
 |
| I'll spare you of the boring pictures I took and only include this one of them dancing on stage! |
 |
| Ella still loves it and is willing to show her appreciation! |
 |
| Braeden... not so much, I would say! Haha! But Gpa seems to be liking it! |
 |
| Green, grassy, soft hills are meant for rolling DOWN!! Whee! Ella |
 |
| Lexi and Caroline look a little more out of control! Check out Lexi's leg and Caroline's HAIR! |
 |
| This and the next picture are just for Sam. The clock and bell tower by Old Main on SUU's campus. |
 |
| Very nice, don't you think? I still have that little panic feeling every time I hear the BONG of the clock, thinking that I am LATE for class! (Some things NEVER change, right? Late... haha! Only... I'm still trying, and now I'm usually only late for 8:30 a.m. church. Boo.) |
 |
| WHOA! Lexi and Braeden |
 |
| FUN STUFF!! Over and over and over again! |
 |
Quack, quack! Everyone follow Gpa Duck! ;o)
And below... our last evening in beautiful Southern Utah! We went up to Wood's Ranch on Sunday evening. Roasted marshmallows under the pavilion while it rained, and then headed up the hill to Kids' Pond for some relaxing fishing... but... as you may know already, the fish were there, but they were in Sunday SCHOOL! They were teasing us the whole time we were up there. We saw LOTS, but caught none. Lesson to be learned here: Fishing on Sunday is probably NOT the best way to keep the Sabbath holy. However, we were with family, and we had a great time enjoying the creations that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with! (No excuse, I know... and it was my idea. Sorry everyone!) |
 |
| Gail and Jonathan... just happy to be there, but notice the water drops on Gail's hoodie?? |
 |
| Nick... um... scary that we put him in charge of getting the coals started for Smores!! ;p J/K |
 |
| Braeden is looking around to see if anyone is watching him before he tries something stupid. Well, I AM!!!!! BACK AWAY!!!! |
 |
| Gma Pam and Aunt Colleen... so fun to take pictures of those taking pictures of others! |
 |
| Gpa Mike, Gma Linda holding a SLEEPING Ella, and Seth holding Jonathan... just waiting for some hot coals! |
 |
| Braeden, Lexi, and Caroline venturing onto the hillside to pick some bluebells. |
 |
| Though it may have lasted longer had she picked it with more of a stem. Sigh! |
 |
| The color of the flowers among the trees was FABULOUS! And just as green as can be with the light rain! |
 |
| The meadow was FULL of wild flowers. If I remember right, these are lupines. |
 |
| Indian Paintbrush... endangered species, so we didn't pick any of these! |
 |
| No grahams and chocolate needed... the marshmallow is yummy enough by itself! |
 |
| Jonathan CAN'T wait any longer! Dive in! He was... oh, sooo, sticky when it was over! |
 |
| Almost perfect... |
 |
| Poor Ella... still asleep, even as Gma Linda enjoys a yummy smore! And the little kid in the background doesn't belong to us, but he made himself at home anyway! |
 |
| Gma Pam and Lexi |
 |
| More proof that I'm actually here... and even participating in the intended activity! |
 |
| Oohey, gooey, yummmmy smores! |
 |
| Poor Braeden... after loosing all those teeth, and trying a smore with the graham, it hurt too bad to eat it... so... he's going without the graham cracker! MESSY! |
 |
| Oop! She's AWAKE... but I wouldn't say she's exactly HAPPY yet... would you? Haha! |
 |
| Swingin' in the rain... just swingin' in the rain... (Sorry for the unfocused pic...) |
 |
| We LOVE the rain! And my kids LOVE getting wet in it! It must be totally refreshing! |
 |
| Amazingly enough the dirt was not too wet... and just right to throw into the breeze! Caroline and Lexi |
 |
| Another case of: Monkey See, Monkey Do! Braeden |
 |
| Starting to really come down... can you see Lexi trying to focus without looking up? Maybe her HOOD would have worked a little for that! |
 |
| Ella did finally go out from under the safety of the pavilion. I was hoping it would tame her hair down a little, but so far... no luck with that! ;o) |
 |
| WHOA! Giant, WET tire to play on! Braeden loves the slippery challenge! |
 |
| Kid's Pond at Wood's Ranch |
 |
| Gma Linda took Jonathan on a walk around the pond. It's pretty small, but beautiful just the same! |
 |
| Gpa and Uncle Seth have all the STUFF! |
 |
| Ella doesn't really like WAITING for the fish... but what kid does. We did a LOT of casting and reeling in! |
 |
| See what I mean about them teasing us??? Jumping EVERYWHERE the whole time. But no bites! Boo! |
 |
| Hmmm... |
 |
| Uh... |
 |
| The Gma's in our lives! Gma Linda, Gma Pam, and (Gma) Aunt Colleen! |
 |
| On her walk, Gma Linda spotted a fish that was easy to catch... and told Braeden about it! Lovely! |
 |
| GAG CITY!!! And look... he splashed some of the guck on his FACE! EEEEWWWWW! (As you probably guessed... it's DEAD, and it was close enough to the shore that he could just reach in and nab it!) Again... eeeeewwwwwWWWWW! |
 |
| Nick is a chick magnet! ;o) |
 |
| At least now Ella's having some fun! Ella on Nick's shoulders, and Jonathan riding atop Gpa! |
 |
| I LOVE this picture! Not just the hair, but that she is taking a little rest and space cruise! Love it!! |
It was a beautiful evening, and everyone got a little icky dirty, but we had some treats, spent some quality family time, and enjoyed the scenery!
7 comments:
You worked at Hermies when you were 11! Yikes! Isn't that some kind of violation of child labor laws -or is that just how they roll in God's country? ;-)
Leslie
I think Nick loved that last picture, too. He has it as his profile on Facebook. I am impressed that you can get a shot of him NOT making a weird face!! Thanks!
I think maybe it was 11 years ago when you were 22! Great pictures!
Love, Mom
Love the photos and makes me miss Southern Utah. This was the first year we did not make it down there.... for summer or fall season. Next year we will be there....
I love your blog Tandy, I'm such a slacker, I never do it any more.....but you inspire me to try to make it happen! Love and miss you guys.
Oh... yep... wow, I shouldn't do math in the wee hours of the morning and then not check my work before I publish! Haha! I wasn't 11... I was 16-17. Lovely! I'll change that right now! Ha!
The bell tower rings slightly before the hour, just so people can get to class on time :)
Post a Comment