Thursday, September 2, 2010

The End Days of Baseball

Towards the end of the baseball season all the teams were invited to a Lake Elsinore Storm game where they could parade around the field in their uniforms with their banners and their teams! Fun stuff for them! We didn't last the entire game, but it was fun just to hang out with his team, and I tell you... I have NEVER seen the stadium packed like that. Usually, since it's a minor league team, it's very relaxed, sit where you want to... kind of deal, but NOT this night! No open seats in the house! There were KIDS and KIDS and KIDS EVERYWHERE in their uniforms, enjoying the game with their teams and families! It was fun(ny)!
Below is seriously the ONLY picture I got of the actual team we were there to watch! Haha! I was watching my little Padre team! ;

Here they come... parading in and around the field.  I was literally RUNNING just to get down far enough to capture the moment and almost missed it entirely!  Braeden is on the very far right... getting cut off!

Heading back into the stadium and to their seats... this is a fuzzy picture, but one I couldn't resist!
Mmmmmm... take me out to the ball game... buy me some nachos and hot dogs and... no Cracker Jacks...
The girls LOVE the nachos... and with LOTS of cheese!  (And don't you LOVE Ella's hair??  Hair is always a challenge around here!)
Braeden and his buddy, James... they have been playing sports of some kind together since we moved here to Temecula!  And now they just play all the time, as good friends!
Silly kids!  Never a dull moment with this team!

Team Mom, Jen, and Coach/Manager, Jim.  They really were the best.  We couldn't have asked for better!

You may have to enlarge this shot... if you can.  This picture is priceless!  All 4 going for the catch... and 1 actually ends up with it in his glove!!  Woot-woot!
The sad, pitiful life of the sisters of a baseball player!

Damian volunteering as 3rd base coach.  Does anyone remember him saying he didn't like baseball??  He does now!
Lucky to have Gma Linda with us.  This game happened THE day we left for our trip to Hawaii!  (Thx again Gma!  She was the ONLY one of us that got to see LEXI SCORE in her last soccer game!  It was right after Braeden's game, and we left like 2 MINUTES before it happened!  Gma said she was more stunned than even excited about it!  Haha!)


And last, but certainly not the least... this is SOOOOO Braeden.  Notice he is coming into home... Notice where the plate is??  Not even close, Braeden!  He thought he could seriously run around this kid, and when he realized that he was going to get out... he just ran around him anyway, and never even made the effort to touch home.  He just kept on running... straight into the dugout!  ;)  Priceless!






And this all happened... oh, the 22nd of May! Yep! I'm still WAAAYYYYY behind. But some effort is better than none! And I WILL get caught up... eventually!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Priceless, in fact. Colleen and I could tell you about the sisters and baseball games of brothers!
Love ya, Mom

Linda Liebhardt said...

Oh, those were great! Thanks so much for doing this blog. I love it.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background