Thursday, September 23, 2010

"We Shall Make Music...

... to brighten the day.  Music will help us to lighten the way."  Richard C. Berg
My first piano recital (here) came... and went!  It was fun and was a good start for those who had never done it before!  I'm always ridiculously nervous for recitals... even now.  (And I had to cheat a little and use my music for part of one page... grrr... I never have enough time to practice anymore!)  But a good time was had by all, and they were all able to play on a piano they were familiar with!  Mine!  I cleared out all the furniture in the living room, rented white party chairs, and we had refreshments in the kitchen and under the party lights in the back yard.  And this all happened June 10th... the DAY before school got out!  (And did I mention that all 5 of my students started with me BEFORE they even turned 8??  One turned 8 in May just before the recital...  it's sometimes a struggle!  I remember when I said that I wouldn't take anyone before they turned 8... and here I am... eating my own words!  Especially since my own daughter is one of them!  Sigh!

A quick look at the living room.  The piano is in the very front of the picture on the left... see the bench?
Audrey played the theme from Beethoven's 5th Symphony and Over the Rainbow.   Below you see Anabelle on the left playing Ode to Joy and Rain Dance, and on the right is Kaila playing Fur Elise and America the Beautiful.
Above is Lexi playing the William Tell Overture and Oh When the Saints. She did excellent despite her nervousness. But Damian didn't get a very good shot of her face.  Drat.  And below I am just a happy teacher, and Robert is playing Clair de Lune and Oh! Susannah.

Wow!  Only 5!  This is the smallest recital I've ever had, but it was lots of fun!  They did a great job, and I was thankful to be able to have it in my home, where we are all comfortable!  LtoR:  Robert, Audrey, Lexi, Kaila, and Anabelle
CHEEEESE!  Good job, Lexi!  You're doing awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!! What else can be said. Love, Mom

Chelsea said...

looks amazing! you did a great job. The room looks great, and your Piano is beautiful- I'm sure the music that came from it was more than beautiful!!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Where did you PUT all the living room furniture???

Tandy said...

We put all the furniture in the garage, and just parked the van in the driveway. Tacky for the outside, but it worked! :)

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background