Friday, September 24, 2010

Berry Pickin'

Temecula Berry Company is amazing... especially for a few weeks in... Junish! On the last day of school for Lexi... so Friday, June 11th, we got together with the Draughon's and went BLUEBERRY picking! Just moms and the 2 youngest in tow! They had a great time, and so did we! It's always so fun to watch their faces when embarking on a new adventure. We'd never done this before, but Kimber and Tavin were pros! And did we ever reap some yummy rewards! (Lexi loves them fresh better than any other way, and Braeden loves them warm in pancakes or waffles... and Ella, well... she'd rather just pick them, freeze them, and mush them up in a smoothie with a whole lot of other flavorful fruits. She won't eat just a blueberry!)
She looks a little disgruntled at the fact that there aren't very many in her bucket!
Kimber's a pro at finding just the right ones to pick!
Just a few to start...
Woo-hoo!  She found a RIPE one!  And it's a BIG one, too!  Yay!
On the hunt for the perfect blueberries!
My toothless Joe found one!
He actually found a LOT!  The bushes were FULL and ready for the harvest!
Tavin, Kimber, and Braeden... all NOT looking AT the camera!  ;)
It was ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to get all 4 of them to look at the camera at the same time, so I had to settle for their backsides!
Tammy and Kimber with full buckets!
We saw a lot of this from Tavin and Ella!  They had such a good time!
Um... I'm not sure the hands peeking above fit in very well!  Haha!
Cute Ella on a tractor, and ready to drive it away!
Figuring out the gear shift... good thing there weren't keys in it!  :-)
Hmmm... should we put her in the movies?
The laughter of children is contagious!  Ella, Braeden, and Kimber!
These two are such good friends!  Kimber and Braeden
Totally ready for Hollywood... or at least the Beverly Hillbillies!
Grumpy farmer.
The biggest one he got! 
It was overcast a little that morning, and cool... and sooo nice for this activity!  Thanks to Tammy for introducing us to the fun of harvesting our own fruit... on someone else's property!  They were YUMMMMMMM-Y!  (Just plain... in pancakes, AND in our smoothies!)

BTW:  Notice some of the BIGGER pictures??  :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will never want to move back to Southern Utah! I am glad you are constantly doing fun things with your kids.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

My, that looks fun. The pictures are great.
Aunt Colleen

Tandy said...

Mom... there are wonderful and fun things to see and do all over the world... (well, maybe except in Ass-ghanistan!), and I LOVE Southern Utah. The beauty there is amazing. And there are LOTS of fun things to do there, too! And it's beautiful here, too... just in a different way. And we SOOOO love not having to wear coats all winter! Ella is very set in her flip-flop ways! :)

Suzanne said...

Yum! Blueberries are my favorite fruit. We had 2 bushes in our backyard that our old dog chewed down to the ground. Boo!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Dang, Suz! I was looking forward to eating more of your backyard berries. I had one, once.

And Tandy, I want to come if you ever do this again. Please?

Tandy said...

They will be ripe again probably at the beginning of June next year, too... and I don't know if they have a time between now and then... ??? I'm very ignorant when it comes to proper farming and harvesting! I never know when the best time to get stuff is. Sigh. ;)

Chelsea said...

great great pictures! I would go berry picking JUST for the pictures! What a bonus to get some yummy berries!

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background