Wednesday, August 11, 2010

An Experiment... of sorts...

Not from the very beginning, but more towards the start of them building a chrysalis. They were absolutely tiny when we first got them... watch what happens! The end result was worth the ick! I love to see my kids smiling with wonder!













(Ella would NOT touch them, but they touched her... before she knew it! ;))
It almost looks like it's right on her nose, but her finger is there... I promise!

I caught her looking in with the lid open, and you can hardly see it, but there is a little blur right by her head... know what it is?? Haha! She let one loose!




For Lexi's birthday we got her one of those butterfly farm things! And I gave in and sent away for the baby caterpillars at the beginning of May. By the time they had eaten all the gunk that was in the bottom of their little jars, formed a chrysalis, and were almost ready to hatch, I was on my way to Hawaii for my anniversary! So... Gma Linda had to pick up the slack and help after the hatching of the butterflies until I could get home, let them stick around for a few days, and then have the big release! There were 10 caterpillars in all to start, and amazingly enough... all 10 hatched healthy, and beautiful butterflies!
(And remember... I never let my kids do ANYTHING fun!)

2 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

We got Haley one of those for Christmas. The kids all loved it! I enjoyed it to--but man were they gross! I thought it would be so beautiful to watch, but I was totally grossed out watching the process. It was still fun! I need to get some more caterpillars.

Chelsea said...

THIS is the coolest thing ever.
Your a rockin mommy. That is wicked cool.

great photos. Really amazing shots of the butterfly on the kids.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background