Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Long Time Coming...

Well, I guess you may have been wondering what on earth is wrong with me and why I can't keep my blog updated... sheesh! I feel the same way, but I had an epiphany the other day! Here it is:
I was a sloth in another life before this one, and my body now is still wondering why it just can't be slothful anymore... it so wants to, and is having a VERY HARD time keeping up with the demands of this body and the life it lives in!
Haha! You all know I don't believe in reincarnation... BUT IF I DID!!! I would have a better excuse!
So... here we go. WAAAAYYYY back to just before Mother's Day I let the kids set up their indoor play tents... in my room, and I let them stay there for a good month or more! (This is one of those things you can add to the list of "you NEVER let us do anything FUN" things that my kids have!)



Braeden and Ella were the first to play, get stuck, bonk heads, etc. in it because Lexi was at school, busy making the following things for their little Mother's Day program! It was so sweet!


Sometimes (well, honestly, lots of times) I'm not the best mommy around, but I sure am grateful for the chance I have to be one! And I'm so grateful for my 3 wonderful and beautiful kids. They make me laugh, sing, cry, pray... you name it. They do it all for me, and I'm grateful for each of them in my life. I'm also grateful for a loving husband, for without him, I wouldn't have any of them!
And... just for fun... a look at the hair that we once thought would never grow! My mom always says Lexi's hair looks like pulled taffy... I have to agree. Sometimes it looks good enough to eat, and she is so fortunate to have natural highlights.

1 comment:

Gail said...

What is with these kids thinking we never do anything fun?! We have a whole list of things we have managed to do this summer and what did Caroline yell at me the other day when I couldn't take her swimming? "You never do anything fun!" I think I was preparing for company for dinner... and a fun play date for her... hmmm...

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background