June 5th marked the annual balloon GLOW at the balloon festival out in Wine Country. And, we didn't get up at the crack of dawn this year to see the launch, but Vicky, her kids, their grandpa, and me with my kids decided to try to go to the glow again this year. Last year's attempt was a TOTAL FLOP. They wouldn't even route us into the parking lot last year, so we drove all the way out to Lake Skinner... and then turned around and came back. Ggrrrr.
This year, I can't say was a whole lot better. The parking is crazy... just getting in... and then getting back out. And what they don't tell you until you've already paid for parking and are there, is that if you want to get inside the gate to see the balloons up close next to the lake, you have to pay a RIDICULOUS amount of money. Stinkers. Such a ripoff unless you're there for the entire evening enjoying the vendors, the drinking, and the live music. Sigh.
So... we went as close as we could. There's a large grassy area just outside the gate where you could see several of the balloons very well. Plus, since there weren't a lot of people there, it gave our kids a place to run around and be totally silly without having to worry about getting lost, getting in trouble with other people, etc.
And... I didn't have a tripod so most of my pictures look... well, a little less than lovely. I'm still... STILL... trying to figure out my camera. I know it can do so MUCH MORE than I am capable of doing with it right now! ;)
AND... I wish they had put the regular balloons on the outside... you know, the ones that don't have business logos all over them. But... such is life!
 |
| This is what happens not only when you don't have a tripod, but when a running child bumps you just as the shutter is closing! |
 |
| Sillies! Lexi is wrapped in a blanket... as usual. |
 |
| WHOA! Look at that!!! (They really liked watching some of the balloons deflate for the night!) |
 |
| Braeden is having his very own excited moment! Well... maybe Ella is joining in... a little! |
 |
| My favorite picture of the evening! Alex is proving that my kids aren't the only ones who pick their noses in public!! Haha! ;) |
 |
| My girls love: playing with hair, and biting nails. :( Boo for biting nails. |
 |
| It was a fun evening! But I do have to say that Vicky got bit by a fire ant as we were leaving, and that was NOT so fun. Especially since we didn't really know for sure that that's what it was at first... you know... it being dark and all! Never a dull moment... EVER! Fun times! With friends! Priceless memories! |
9 comments:
Remember the Balloons in Albuqerque? It still looks fun.
Love, Mom
I know I think I spelled Albuq. wrong. Help, Colleen or any of the Fehrs.
You spelled it right. Good job.
Colleen
LOVE. I've never been to a balloon festival. It looks awesome! love the photos.
that last one looks like...
You go girl! You are getting caught up fast!
Nope... NOT spelled right!
AlbuqUerque! Colleen... I'm ashamed! And you lived there for 18 years! ;)
And yes, Mom, I remember them! Nothing compares to that... not in Wine Country, anyway!
I knew the minute I saw Colleen's spelling that she had spelled it wrong too!
Love, Mom
The only reason I remember how to spell it so well, is from saying it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again with John and the kids when we were young, and then doing my state report on NM.
Tandy, Remind me to tell you my Albuquerque story sometime if I haven't already. It's from about 34 years ago and stars Mike.
Post a Comment