Thursday, July 3, 2008

Catching up...

Click to play Torrey Pines BeachCreate your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
In the smilebox above was our quick trip to the beach on Monday with the Smith's. And, per her request, I don't have any pictures of Jessica. She's pregnant... and doesn't like the camera right now. I respect her wishes... but I don't have any pictures with my friend...:( But on a happy note for her, Jordan graduated with Damian, and he moves right into residency! Congrats... and good luck!

So, Friday the 27th Damian graduated from internship! Congratulations, Damian! He worked so hard this last year and only got 7 days of leave... when Ella was born! Poor guy... and poor us! The kids are so happy to have him around! Lexi can't wait to get up in the mornings right now, just to see that he's here. She asked me when he had to go back to work. I told her in a couple of weeks, and she just frowned. "But we're having so much fun." I hear ya, sister! Of course, I forgot my camera... can you believe it??? AND, I was trying really hard to be extra early, and what do I get for it???? A SPEEDING TICKET! Lovely! I don't even know what the damage is yet, but those motorcycle cops have NO MERCY! It was only a little funny because Lexi immediately broke down sobbing in the back seat, thinking that they were going to haul me to jail! She was crying and talking to Braeden asking him what they were going to do with Mommy in jail. "We're NEVER going to see Daddy graduate! How are we going to get home??? I can't drive, and neither can you! Who's going to get us there?? Who's going to take care of us?" It was almost as traumatic as losing a tooth! One of my friends did take a picture of our family there when he was in his dress whites, so I'll see if I can get it from her soon.
Ella's limpsy-noodle dance!

From the website this is the picture that goes with the comment that the dark ribbon with an "E" on it means he can shoot you running away from him at a good distance, and the pin above on the collar means he can doctor you up and save your life afterwards!


Then the next day we got together with Don & Tara and their kids, hung out for a while, grilled some burgers, and headed to the Wild Animal Park, where we saw the funny bubble show, went on the African Safari tour (and Ella SCREAMED the whole time), and where Braeden knocked his top front tooth VERY loose running too fast around the lion's den. It was bleeding... and it's probably going to turn black, if, in fact, it stays in. Yep... it's that bad. Poor little guy! He just gets too excited, too rambunctious... and his feet don't always keep up with his little body!

Where are we going? Tara checks out the map while everyone else stands around confused... Lexi, Kaylynn, Damian, Don, Jayden in front, Jamison, and Tara

They liked the bubble show!

Recognize this trick?? Damian started doing this a few years ago in Chino Hills. Dropping Mentos into warm 2 litre bottles of Diet Coke.

Catching the bubbles that are literally being shot out at them from this bubble blower/maker! Braeden far left, Lexi, Jayden, Jamison, and Kaylynn

This is my favorite picture! He's trying to find Braeden... but there are just SO MANY BUBBLES!
Ella's really trying to figure it all out! He was blowing bubbles with just his hands. She wonders where the bottle and the little stick are... like she normally sees in the backyard!
Lexi, Kaylynn, Jayden, and Braeden in front of the lion's den. One of the cubs came right up to the glass to give the kids an up close look... (I say cubs, but they're pretty big now!).

Classic tale... the daddy is perched up high in an authority position, but is vegging while the mommy is chasing after the kids... lazy dad! J/K

We are all sitting on a metal rhino! Braeden, Ella strapped to my front... as usual, Lexi and Kaylynn taking an ear each, Jayden, Don, and Tara. Damian's the photographer, and Jamison passed out on the African tour!

A little switch: Braeden, Damian, Don, Kaylynn, Lexi, and Jayden! Congratulations to Don, also... he graduated the same day!
Thanks, Bennett's, for braving the wild animals with us! We had a great time!

And, on that note... I'll end for today! I just have swim lessons, and a couple of other things to catch up on! I'm not yet convinced that this will be any less time consuming! But, I'm not giving up yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you have a blog. Now I can check on you guys all the time. It was fun seeing you guys the other day. Loves

Suzanne said...

Yay! Welcome to blogging. You'll keep more up to date now and it won't be so overwhelming to keep up when you think to. :-) Congrats to DAmian!!!!!!!!

Chuck Liddiard said...

Congrats on your graduation Damien. I am glad to see you and your family are doing well.

Chuck Liddiard

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background