Where's Lexi?
We came home after that and while Grandma, Lexi and Braeden festive cupcakes, Ella took a nap, and Damian and I went out to get him some new golf shoes and lunch. Why new golf shoes, you may ask, since he only golfs like twice a year?? Well, the last pair he had, he left in the parking lot at the golf course. NICE! Oh, well!
We came home after that and while Grandma, Lexi and Braeden festive cupcakes, Ella took a nap, and Damian and I went out to get him some new golf shoes and lunch. Why new golf shoes, you may ask, since he only golfs like twice a year?? Well, the last pair he had, he left in the parking lot at the golf course. NICE! Oh, well!
In the afternoon we headed out to the Rancho Bernardo parade... where the car of choice
seemed to be any year/model of Mustang, and was full of silly politicians drumming up campaign support for the Nov. election. Blah! Then everyone needed a cool rest, so on our way home we grabbed a Slurpee from 7-11 and watched Mary Poppins in the only room that is cooled in our house... my bedroom! It'll be so nice to have air conditioning in just a couple of weeks!
We finished off the day by playing at the end of the cul-de-sac with our friends, having dinner here with them, and then just walking down to the park to watch fireworks, followed by a MUCH NEEDED bath, and jumping on my bed! What an exhausting day! But it remains my favorite holiday... well, I think it's a toss up between that and Christmas now, but it used to be my very favorite!
So... the other good news: We SHOULD close on our house on Tuesday!! Cross your fingers!
And today, Lexi got to go to Chloe's Carousel to get her hair done with Laura... a late birthday party of sorts for Laura. They get the royal treatment... a wash, cut, and whatever they want done... including GLITTER! Fun times! I wish I could be a little girl again!
2 comments:
What a fun 4th. Maybe next year we can celebrate it together if things work out. I told Damian to be sure to call me if you need me to watch your kids while you move in. We leave for Mary Alice's wedding that weekend, though, so I won't be around to help Thursday the 17th - Sunday, the 20th. I'm here for you when/if you need me any other time. :-)
You guys are always doing something FUN! How do you do it? :) Are you wanting to adopt anytime soon?
Post a Comment