Thursday, November 25, 2010

Yee-HAW!!!

Welcome to the Poway Rodeo!!  This all happened on Sept. 24th!  Here you see all the cowboys without their Stetson's getting ready for the national anthem!  Throughout this post you'll notice that all the people contracted to work, plus the queens and attendants, are wearing {pink} shirts.  They do this for breast cancer awareness and give a portion of the proceeds to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Below we will start out with my "art gallery" shots!!  Enjoy!  (Don't worry... there's only 2!  So you can easily skip them if they make you sick!)

This is really my favorite!  Fist and face... that's pretty much it!



Totally into it... and we stayed to the very end!  Obviously!  That's when the best part is... duh!  The bull riding!

Ready??

Ride em', cowboy!!

Amazingly enough... this guy made the 8 seconds, and stayed on until they came to pull the strap!

I think it's amazing that we can put this small thing on a horse just to irritate them into bucking, and then call it sport to get on and try to ride for 8 seconds...  Maybe amazing isn't really the best word for it!



But Ella loves it and is showing her appreciation!


The announcer; chaps, pink shirt, and all!  (Remember the pink was for breast cancer awareness...)

The announcer was super nice and went around the arena letting the kids pet his horse!  Our kids LOVED it and even Ella warmed up enough to touch him on like the third time around!  Yay!  (But I didn't get a pic of that... boo!)

Strange "half-time" show for a rodeo...??  Sumo wrestling???  Really?  Okay!

Happy to see a fast time on the board!

Classic cowboy...

Dirty bum!


Mutton bustin'!  There was actually a little boy from San Diego that was in our ward when we lived there that did this!  Woo-hoo!  It's hilarious!  And they even let some little ones be the clowns for this, too!  (See them?)


MY FAVORITE PART OF THIS RODEO!!  I begged and begged Damian to get a good picture of this guy.  Haha!  Love that the boots are on the outside of the pants... but obviously that's not the only thing I loved about it!  Sorry... the real me comes out sometimes!

Notice the clown in the barrel?  Chicken!  Haha!  J/K

Braeden was SUPER excited about the bull riding!  So sad that my little guy really wanted to see someone get speared in the bum by bull horns.  This guy almost got it.  Instead he too hooves to the back.
In all... we had a great time. Damian had heard or seen an add for it as he was driving to work and suggested we go... and when our kids said, "What's a rodeo?", we just KNEW WE HAD TO GO!! They loved it and wanted to be cowboys by the end. (Not likely to happen, thank goodness! I consider this dumber than football!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tandy,

I LOVE reading your posts; it makes me feel like time and distance hasn't occurred! I especially love these pics---you really did capture rodeo at its finest (but you know me: brainwashed into being a huge rodeo fan via Jesse LOL) I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

<3 Darcie

(PS: the flank strap doesn't "cause" the bucking but limits it. I've seen bulls leap 6 foot paneling once they've shed their flank strap)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Grandma and Grandpa Linda both have cowboy hats now. We shall wear them next time we visit. ;-)

Chelsea said...

LOVE THIS!!! Oh, that is an awesome trip! Whoa! Love the rodeo! And the posts above... the air show really looked cool.... and I remember how loud it is when I see the pics!!

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background