Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dance Camp for Lexi!

It was only a week long, but the girls had a FABULOUS time!  I wish Lexi would remember all the time how much she really likes dancing, but the choice between soccer and dance is just too hard for her right now!  Sigh.  (And if you're wondering why she has to choose... well, that's because I'm MEAN!  I will only allow them to do 2 activities at a time, and I would really like to keep one of those in music... soooo... she takes piano, and has to choose for the other!  It is my personal belief that they can't be absolutely EXCELLENT at EVERYTHING if they have too much going on.  Academics come first, but after that if they're spread too thin, then they are just that good at the other activities... THIN.  Maybe I'll change my beliefs later... I don't know, but I would like them to be really GREAT at one or two things, rather than be not-so-good at a lot of things... does that even make sense???)
Behind the curtain!  So cute.  The girls that put this on were wonderful, and with the help and hospitality of Suzette, it went off without a hitch! 
The teachers.  They divided the girls up into groups based on age.  Lexi's teacher was Briar... on the far right.  :o)
I have to admit that I didn't know a lot of the girls in her little group.  And she was very sad that her friend, Anabelle, couldn't make the performance.  BUT... just to the left of her is Kate, and they have lots of fun together!

Lexi and Kate
Rockin' Out on their air guitars!!  Haha!  Love it!  ;o)


This picture cracks me up!  I have lots of pictures of Kate looking at my camera... but hardly any of Lexi looking right at me!  Kate's not camera shy, and Lexi just gets too embarrassed!

I love this picture, too... it not only shows them dancing, but it shows a lot of the other girls in the background.  I never did get a picture with all the girls.  Boo.
They even got to paint shirts by themselves (with a little supervision) on their last day of learning the dances!
Emma and Ella
I have to admit that I really enjoyed watching my little ladybug shake her tooshie and dance her heart out!  She loved it!
And best of all... she has a big smile on her face!!
All of this took place... oh... 2-6 August 2010!  (In other words... a while ago!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I agree with you on not being involved is too many things at once.

Tandy said...

Hi Anonymous... can you tell me who you are! (From the comment above) I LOVE people that agree with me! (I'm guessing that you're either Mom or Colleen... am I right?)

Mike and Alleen said...

I am in TOTAL Agreeance with you! Kids can be so spread thin these days they don't get to be kids. We finish Soccer next week and Haley is excited that she'll get to just play with her friends. 2 practices, a game, piano, and homework keep her hoppin. I am missing dance this year though!

Tracy said...

Hahah I love your note to "Anonymous"...

This post made me excited that I have a little girl! So excited for her to dance and do girly things (well, and soccer too). Lexi is too cute!

And I totally agree with your blurb on putting kids in 23840239 activities... totally agree.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background