Friday, September 11, 2009

A Soccer Mom I'll Be

Well, we've started soccer season! And I'm not sure what I was thinking signing both Braeden and Lexi up, but I did, and now I know why mom's spend a great deal of time in their cars on a daily basis! Every other Tuesday is horrendous for me... I have Activity Days, Lexi has soccer that starts 15 mins. later clear across town (so she has to go with someone else), and Braeden has soccer at a different field an hour after that (and he ALSO has to go with someone else!). Lovely! But I'm pretty sure we have it all worked out and things seem to be running as smoothly as can be expected for a 4 and 6 yr. old in the SWELTERING HEAT!!! We will, however have to miss the first game this Saturday because we will be in Utah for Uncle Eric's birthday/farewell celebration! It's important for us to go... we won't see him for 2 years... unless we sneak in a visit to D.C.... which isn't likely!
By the last practice, Lexi was really starting to get into it finally! She was clearing out the ball during their scrimmage, and even took one square in the chest and just kept going! Yay! MAJOR improvement for her! I'm hoping this will help boost her self-confidence!

And Braeden... well, besides getting bored when it's not his turn, he's doing great! He just has this natural ability when it comes to anything sport-ish! And he'd be even better if I could spend the time I want to developing his finer skills! But... I'm sort of a single mom right now, so playing in the street here and regular practices will just have to be enough.


This picture obviously has nothing to do with soccer, but Vicky and I got a good laugh at these two giggling on Vinnie's Big Wheel one morning! Silly kids! Braeden LOVES that thing!


Braeden's team is the Tigers! Their jerseys are mostly orange with a blue and white stripe. He's #10!


He really is going to bite his tongue off one of these days, but it does no good to tell him so. This is how he concentrates.


STRETCH!!!

He is still young enough that he is playing on a co-ed team. His little friend, Kimber, from our ward and preschool is on his team, too! She is a hoot!


If he were older, I think he might get called for a kick like this!


Drill... drill... drill...


And this is what they do when they're supposed to be getting ready for bed! SIGH!!


Isn't he lovely? Isn't he wonderful? He was such a good sport about letting Lexi go wild with his hair! I just can hardly wait to see what happens with Ella's hair when she gets enough to do anything with! I'm almost scared!


Yep... a large YAWN... hence the reason you're SUPPOSED to be getting ready for BED!


He even sat still for a very long time... which is why I was able to capture the moment!


Even she realizes how silly it looks!

Lexi and Emma have a good time together! It's such a fun team... the "Rockin' Raspberries"! Even though Lexi hates the name, I love it! She is coming around, though! The super fun thing about this team is that there are 4 girls who know and love each other already, plus all the other little girls are fun and supportive of each other! It was no coincidence that we got Lexi, Emma, Tori, and Audrey on the same team... you can request to have people put together when you fill out the registration form. Fun! It's like a built-in play date!
She really needs to work on her throw-in's...



Another fun thing: their coach is a member of the church! He's so nice, too!

Drill... drill... drill... (look familiar?)

Lexi and Audrey... dribbling down the field, around the cones, and back again.

Good job, Lexi! On the field she will be a lucky #7!!

Go, Ella! She so wishes she could just be on the team! It's hard to contain her. She just wants to get in line and do everything they are doing! Cutie! (And did I mention that she dribbles even better than Braeden?? She does!)


Braeden in red, and Emma's brother, Jack! They found a hole... or something! Just being boys!

I just love this picture! He has so much fun outside! He would live outside if he could, probably!
_________________________________________________
And for Labor Day Weekend, we met my mom at Colleen's! We were in Walmart picking up a few things that I needed and Damian happened to call! Yay! He got all our care packages finally, and had requested a few more things so we were getting some things ready to send to him! Yay for service projects in a box...
Especially when the boxes are filled with such fun and cute things! Too bad I can't really pack them up and ship them to him... even just for a day or two! Believe me... there are days when I WISH! J/K

Ella got Lexi in on the fun, too! As you can see, Lexi was ready to go swimming when we decided that we indeed had enough time to get the packages together before the post office closed!
Silly girls!

Hmmm... it looks like Ella feels the same way I do! Ha!

Let's just say that after a while they even got Braeden in on the fun... and this box won't be making the trip to Afghanistan! It made a quick trip to the recycle bin! But it served a noble purpose: Keeping kids entertained and happy while Mommy had a project to get DONE!

Gma Pam and Lexi taping up the boxes...

And Mommy putting the address on! Wow, Lexi... you are really strong! Ha! There were 32 individual size cereals in the box she is hefting over her head! ;)
Hope you love your packages, Daddy! We love and miss you!

3 comments:

Carolee said...

Its been a while since I have checked out your blog so I just went through and got caught up:) You are so good to document everything and post pictures. I have been so bad at doing it even though I know I should.

Lets talk soon!!

Jake said...

Are those pink flip-flops in the Big Wheel picture? Nice.

Tandy said...

No... they're red on the bottom and white on the top. I would say that he wouldn't be caught in pink flip-flops, but last week when I had to go into the pharmacy after they were all ready for bed, he put on Lexi's purple, fuzzy house slippers... and went inside where people could see him. And yes, LOVELY!

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background