Monday, September 28, 2009

I've Got Spirit... How 'Bout You???

This last week seemed fast and furious! We spent several days getting ready for Vinny's daddy to come home! Painting signs, cleaning yards, putting out flags, etc. It was fun. I wish it were us, but it was fun nonetheless!
Lexi and Braeden had their second soccer game Saturday morning. Lexi's was at 8 and Braeden's at 10. (It was the third for their team, but we missed the first game... we were in Utah with Uncle Eric!) Sad to say that they both lost, but did very well! Lexi's team played a VERY good team. She even played goalie for a quarter and did a really good job! She even went out and picked up the ball before they scored again... just like she was supposed to!! Yay!!! So the final score was 0-1. Braeden's was 4-6. Boo-hoo, but I tried to dress in both of their team colors! And I told Lexi that if she didn't play the game... and I mean really play, that I would stand on the sidelines and cheer and yell and totally embarrass her. Worked like a charm! 'Cause who wants THEIR mom to be the team spirit mom??? No one! Ha-ha!
I looked like a clown, but it was fun!


Then right after Braeden's game we headed our sweaty-selves to a birthday party in Carlsbad. It was blazing hot all day, I tell you. We were nasty. They had a bouncy house, a trampoline, face painting, tattoos, etc. And dirt, of course, so you can imagine how lovely the kids were by the time we left there... still in our soccer paraphernalia. Lovely!
_______________________________________________
The night before was when Vicky's husband came home! We decorated and even though it was late, I went outside with a couple of the other neighbors and waved when he drove into the culdesac.











We had most all the kids on our street all the way down put their hand prints on the sign! Fun stuff!

And these were on his garage! YAY!
WELCOME HOME, KIM!
Now just a few more months, and we'll be doing this for our daddy! YAYYYYY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Are you saving the banners for Damian? We all wish it could have been him. Soon!
Love, Mom

The Draughon Family said...

I love that you did this. I got teary-eyed just reading your blog. I'm so grateful for their service and we always keep your Damian in our prayers. We love your family and expect to be part of the banner making when he comes home.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background