Monday, January 10, 2011

OooooOOOHH, OooooooOOOOH, This is Halloween!

Super SCARY, isn't he?  Our scarecrow!  ;o)
We actually celebrated the big Halloween day on Saturday the 30th. We spent actual Halloween in church and as a family. I did, however, let my kids dress up and hand out candy to the neighborhood kids that came around. Saturday we attended the church "Trunk-or-Treat". They always have a blast eating dinner with the ward, going around to do the fun activities, and then, OF COURSE, getting candy the easy way from everyone's car trunks in the parking lot. We're boring and don't dress our car up, but there are some that go all out and make it as real as possible! Thanks to them for that so it's not totally dull!

We started our Saturday by carving pumpkins... and by we, I mean... all of us until about 5 minutes into the actual digging... and then it was just me and Damian!  Haha!

Eewey, gooey!

Let me explain.  He's trying to imitate Ella!  It was soooo funny.  She didn't realize what was actually going on when she climbed up to the counter.  She has an overactive GAG reflex and the minute she took a breath in and looked at the stringy goo, she started gagging and quickly got down and ran away!  So sad... yet so funny!


I'm pretty sure this was Ella's pumpkin... that had to be carved by Daddy!

Lexi's:  drawn and mostly cut by her!

And Braeden's!

Then we got on our costumes and we were heading out!  Braeden's face was just almost too much for Ella... who was Supergirl... AGAIN.  I tried... and TRIED... to get her to be what she said she wanted to be, but to no avail.  Sigh.  Maybe next year!

And he thinks it is just so fun to scare his sister.

See what I mean?  And then Lexi looks a little scared, too. 

Okay... Lexi and I are looking.

How many shots did it take to get everyone looking?  TOO MANY!!  Thank heaven for digital cameras!  (Though at least with the old school kind I would actually HAVE to PRINT pictures and have the tangible proof... )

The picture backdrop at the Trunk-or-Treat!

Those are some serious teeth.  But... the fangs are just about as long as her real roots were when she had to have 2 teeth yanked... seriously.

Happy soldier!  Silly Braeden... who still has huge gaps in his teeth!

The reason we let he be Supergirl again.  It makes her HAPPY!



I loved these table decorations!  Too cute!

Dilene and I aren't afraid of dressing up.  There were some really good adult costumes there!

And don't forget cleaning and roasting all those pumpkin seeds!  Yummy!

And... taadaa!  The finished product.  The one on the far right had been carved many days before.  Braeden brought it home from school and decided to punch it... which made it split almost in half (the bottom of the mouth), so we had to carve it then.  Now it's just a little old man without his teeth anymore!  ;o)
It was fun, and we, of course, brought home more than our fair share of candy. I have to admit that I did finally throw the bags away (and I even told them I was doing it) when I started to get the Christmas stuff out. I can't believe my children can hold onto candy that long! Crazy kids!

No comments:

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background