Monday, January 10, 2011

All Girls Weekend

Each year Damian's mom's family has an All Girls Weekend... and it's usually in Vegas.  And I don't usually get to attend, but this year... I made it!   Well, mostly!  They celebrate and get together on the Veteran's Day holiday... so November 11th-ish every year!  And believe it or not... Damian got a couple of days off so that I could go!  We stayed at Trump tower, which was not all Trump is cracked up to be, but nice.

When I got there Thursday night these were the only ladies already there!  Gma Autrey, Momma Linda, and Aunt Donna.  I really wanted a buffet, and after a little detour, we made it to the Mirage, and had a splendid STUFFING!


The next morning... getting ready to go out on the town!

This town, in fact!  This is the view from our window!

I love this picture of Gma Autrey and her 2 daughters!  Donna in the middle and Momma Linda on the left.  They were heading out to go see the new bridge at the Hoover Dam.  They had super lots of fun... and rode in a helicopter!  Crazy girls!

Little purple pansies touched with yellow-gold... I love pansies!
Me and Linda before we split and went different ways for the day!

AHHHHHH-mazing!  Do you notice how much traffic there ISN'T??  So. Utah is really great for that!  (And the fabulous snow-capped scenery!)
You may wonder what Utah has to do with this trip.  Well... I was able to go up and spend the day with my mom!  She had just broken her ankle and needed some things... plus I needed to see her!  That day I put in a new shower head for her, moved some furniture, cleaned, and set up a shower seat and toilet seat that Colleen (and Jody) had sent with me for her to borrow.  Boo for breaking your ankle.  She had to depend on LOTS of people (who LOVE her) for help and assistance, which is way more than super-duper hard for her, but they were (and still are) wonderful to help her!  I only wish that I could have gone up when it all happened.  These kinds of things make me wonder if we really shouldn't move closer to home.  When I have little ones in school, I can't just pick up and leave any time I really want to... especially when Damian's schedule just WILL NOT give us a break!
Boo!  This doesn't do it justice, but after a plate and a bunch of screws... here she is: home-bound for over 2 weeks.

And she wasn't really this happy either.  She just put on a semi-happy face for her muumuu picture!  (You'll be happy to hear that she is better than on the mend now, and actually gets to have a couple of the screws taken out in about 10 days!  And I'll actually be there for that!  Yay!)

Then back to Vegas that night... and this is the next morning... just having a good laugh before we headed out for breakfast!  LtoR:  Sandy, Suzy, and Donna

Tuny, Momma Linda, and Gma Autrey
Sisters!  Aunt Tuny and Gma Autrey

Lobby... and pretty, SPARKLY light in the background!
This is all of us... a small, but fabulous group!  Back LtoR:  Donna, Linda, Janet (who is married to Linda and Donna's brother Robert), and her daughter, Jessica  Front LtoR:  Me, Suzy (who lives only like 10 mins. from me!), her sister, Sandy, their mother, Tuny, and Gma Autrey!

At breakfast!

Suzy and I really wish we were better at using our cameras, so while we waited for a table, we were messing with settings... and I got her pretty, blue eyes!  (I got a better one, too, but promised her I wouldn't post it!)

Linda and Donna

Donna, Sandy, and Suzy

Around the yummy food LtoR:  Tuny, Donna, Sandy, Suzy, Janet, Jessica, me, Linda, and Gma Autrey

Sandy and I actually shared our plates... and both were YUMMY!  Omelet and strawberry crepes!

And one of the last things I did before heading home... (because Damian could only get so much time off...) was head to the pool with Momma Linda.  Let's just say that I was back in less than 15 mins.  It was brrrrrrr.  The air... everything, and I really just wanted to bask in some warm-ish sun, but it just didn't happen.  Linda actually went swimming.  Crazy lady!  But it was fun while it lasted, and I did get a NAP... yes a NAP... before I left for home!  Thanks to everyone for having me!  It was the first time I had been and not been pregnant!  YAY for that!!!!!  We got in some shopping, and some went to a show... and the new bridge... and more shopping, but mostly just visiting and having some relaxation before jumping back into our busy lives!

No comments:

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background