On December 20th, 2010 we had our Christmas Piano Recital! It was fun, cozy, and filled with good music... {despite all the RAIN... RAIN... RAIN...}
(I should mention here that this is the night that our window in the family room started to leak... and that it is still not fixed... and is going to cost us a small arm and leg. BOO!!!)
Below you will notice that Braeden is performing... Yes, he is! HOWEVER, he is not a regular student yet. He really wanted to learn something, so I taught him one of the first songs in the easiest lesson book, he memorized it and asked if he could play at the recital! It was great because I only had 5 "students" there, since Anabelle couldn't make it that night, and came with her family the next evening!
 |
| He did so good... and even GLADLY wore a shirt and tie for the occasion! As long as he could play he was happy! No self esteem issues here! |
 |
| Lexi did awesome, too, but gets SOOO much more nervous than does Braeden. She's just like me!! I used to hate recitals, but could pull off just about anything in front of a panel of judges I DIDN'T know! |
 |
| Can you see Robert's tie!!?! Eric, the blonde, his brother, Robert, and Braeden... making mischief with the peppermint hot chocolate! |
 |
| My students... minus one! LtoR: Lexi, Adison, Robert, Kaila, Audrey, and Braeden in front! |
 |
| They are such good kids... and so young, too. |
 |
| About as good as it gets around here! J/K They are just busting at the seam with personality and it's so hard to capture the "perfect moment" when all are smiling... just "right!" {But... just so you know... I'll take the personality over the "prefect picture!"} |
 |
| Just watch the progression! We actually get a really good one... and then... |
 |
| Yep... all down hill from here! ;o) This is classic for us, but Gma and Gpa?? Pretty funny!!! They are a riot! |
 |
| She has to be just as strong and "helpful" as Braeden... or anyone else. Ella was folding up chairs and lugging them across the room... with lots of grunts and sighs... just to let us all know what she was doing! But at least she's still a willing helper... sometimes! |
 |
| Our traditional tree-topper. Same as always: the angel that my grandma made me oh, so long ago! She gave one to all her children, and one to me... (and others, I think, though I don't know for sure who). There will always be a part of her in my Christmas celebration. This angel is carefully taken out and put away each year with fond memories of my grandma. |
 |
| Lexi sat at the piano for quite a while during the clean up, and played all the songs she could sight read out of the easy Christmas book! Love it! |
 |
| There's a good one! |
 |
| His new name (given by Damian) is GAPPY McGEE! And he thinks it's funny, too! |
 |
| I know that no one but Gpa Mike is looking, but I really think this is my favorite one! They are all laughing and happy! And it's a genuine giggle of happy! LOVE IT! |
 |
| I should have just sent this as our Christmas card! Haha! Merry VERY Be-lated Christmas! (J/K... my be-lated Happy New Year's photos are still in progress! You should be getting one... soon-ish!) |
 |
| A VERY common scene around here. Mommy trying desperately to get people to do something... even coaxing... while NO ONE is listening, paying any attention, caring an ounce... you get the picture. Literally! |
 |
| A-MAZING!!!!! Yay for one shot out of... how many? Merry Christmas (Recital), indeed!!! |
 |
| Can you see what's in her hand? Or can you just tell by his lovely hair?? |
 |
| GRINCH! Haha! |
 |
| Lexi and Ella just can't pass up on "doing" someone's hair! This time it's Gma Linda's turn! |
 |
| I'm telling you... this is what I deal with, people! Seriously... (well... or obviously anything but serious... WHATEVER!) |
 |
| Looking at all the pics on Gma Linda's camera! They LOVE to look and they LOVE to take...! They were taking TURNS taking PICTURES with her camera! |
 |
| Braid after braid... always letting it out and starting over! |
 |
| 2nd recital... FHE with Anabelle's family since she couldn't make it the night before. She still needed a chance to perform, and ELLA just got up, said what she was going to play... and played a little something for us! (Please disregard her undershirt malfunction... grrr.) It was super cute, though, and I wish she would have had the guts to do it the first night! So funny! She even said, "Hi, I'm Ella Liebhardt and I'm going to play 'Jingle Bells'!" |
 |
| She was SOOO proud. Too bad I didn't have my video camera even in the room. We weren't expecting anything like this! Way to go, Ella! You'll be an awesome pianist! |
I have to say that despite how much or how little some of my students practice (and I'm not just talking this time around, but I witnessed it in Chino Hills, too) the kids always pull it off wonderfully at the recital. Things that they couldn't do... or rather, WOULDN'T... just days before were like nothing for them at the recital!
We enjoyed pot luck desserts brought by everyone, and had peppermint hot chocolate (made by stirring it with candy canes...) YUMmmmmY! Thanks to everyone for agreeing to come AFTER Christmas Break had started! It was the only day that would work for everyone!
AND... a GIANT thanks to Gma and Gpa Linda for helping me move furniture, set up, care for the food, etc... and all in the RAIN. I love the rain, but I didn't love it that day! THANKS AGAIN! Hope you enjoyed the show!
2 comments:
I LOVE the part about your tree topper. It was all fun to read and see - glad you're updating - but I really liked the picture of you with Damian under the tree. You look just right!
I just had to cry!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment