...and the following will tell you why!
Today, we did our regular thing in the morning... Mommy wakes everyone up. She gets her and Ella ready, then wakes Lexi and Braeden up again... takes care of Ella's laundry and diaper... wakes Lexi and Braeden AGAIN... (you get the idea)... RUSH out the door for school and hope that they both have their backpacks! Then right after dropping Lexi off, head to drop Braeden off. I realized that after I dropped Braeden off that I had some Hershey's Kisses due for his Valentine party next week, so off to the store I go! I ended up with a LOT of stuff NOT on my list, which is RARE for me, but it's also a rarety that I get to go with only one child. Rush to get Braeden, RUSH home to clean up breakfast stuff and make my bed before Braeden's friend James, his brother, Ryan, and his mom, Teryn come over to make cookies, cupcakes, etc. Then the CHAOS starts! Once Lexi got home, WITH Kaleb, we ALL had lunch. And we ALL made sugar cookies! I think that the last time Kaleb was here and we did SUGAR cookies I did take some pictures... and I think they're in that list of things I need to catch up on... but, needless to say, those 2 five-year olds get VERY... VERY carried away with the flour! The kitchen wasn't totally clean until about midnight tonight! (Or last night... by the time this gets posted!) Yikes!!!!
I didn't even have TIME to run upstairs to get the camera. When Kaleb's mom came to get him, his 2 sisters and a friend came to the door because it was a total down-pour outside (rain finally!), so we invited them in for a quick minute to decorate a cookie each. I thought I would never get all the frosting, sprinkles and flour cleaned up. Damian was super nice, though, and scrubbed the floor for me! Wow... I really needed that!
He spent the day in LA and Burbank for a conference, and then to check someone out of the military. Let's just say that it took him a WHILE to get home. He didn't come in until after 8:00. Poor guy... he left at 5 a.m. Yuck!
So... now that all the cookies are frosted and sprinkled... I think I'll go pass out for the night! Happy early Valentine's Day!
Oh... and I forgot one thing... Teryn brought some of her Iris Folding stuff and showed me how to do it! So we spent a few minutes doing that, also. I'll take a picture of that and include it in the next post! What a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Tandy
- Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!
2 comments:
Oh, Tandy! Your life makes me tired just thinking and reading about it! I hope you actually got some rest last night.
Did you save me some cookies? See you Sat.
Love, Grandma Pam
Post a Comment