Thursday, June 28, 2012

More of the Random... & Funnies

Every family has their traditions. Every family has their quirks. And we all like to laugh... so... here's to hoping you enjoy our quirks on screen!
One of my kids' favorite hiding spots!  At the top of Colleen's stairs there is a little linen cupboard... and they think it's hilarious to sneak in there and hang out!  :o)

This is a look at some of the stuff Ella does while the others are at school.  She not only does preschool stuff, but then makes gigantic messes with her friends!  This particular day she and Ashlyn decided to see how many things they could stick the Zoobles on!


Tada! 

I just think it's funny that they had to have them a certain way... and only upside down!

So... you might not guess this, but her mask is supposed to be a penguin.  We talked about penguins one day for preschool and then made the masks, but... preschoolers like more color than just black and white with a little yellow here and there!

THIS is a giant problem!!  Ella's nail biting is STILL out of control.  We've even tried to introduce her to new habits, but with no success.  The stuff you put on her nails doesn't work... nothing does, it seems.  :'o(
Right before Easter when I was deathly ill, I was trying to help Lexi make some eggs out of embroidery floss and sugar water.  This is what happens before we get the balloons wrapped.  Stuck with static to faces and heads!
I love this picture!  It says a lot about Ella.  If you tell her that someone is coming, she will get ready right away and wait... and watch... and watch... until they show up.  Even if it takes a LONG time...  So... we try not to tell her until close to the time of arrival!  Otherwise she'd be looking out the window for hours at a time.
This next section is a followup on Damian's special bed-making talent! Enjoy! 
{It still cracks me up... and I still can't believe all the silly ways he can muster out of his imagination!}


Notice that this and the one below are NOT the same!  Different days... different ways!





I have to say that this was my... least... favorite.  I really thought he was trying to convince me to leave it on.  "It's soft... and silky... etc."

And when Ella saw me taking pictures... she just had to do one, too!
More of Ella and her friends.  This is her and Macee.  They were feeding and caring for Sarah.  {Sarah is the name she gave her Baby Alive doll.}  They were careful not to get the nasty green peas all over, but then when changing Sarah's diaper that concept didn't hold very well.  Eeewww.
Caught 'ya!
And let's just say that these two together = a LOT of sass and attitude.  Not that you can tell, huh?

Really?  Yes... one of the people that doesn't need this for a workout and she is the one on it!  Haha!  She plugs in her MP3 player and pedals along until she is totally out of breath!  {It is really hard...  says I!}

If only I had her muscle tone and skin coloring!
Notice the other two didn't make their plates pretty!

I love it!  Aesthetically pleasing food!  Ella noticed that I didn't do it for this meal, so she did it for herself!!  Yay!  {I almost NEVER put baggies of fruit on the counter like that.  It's always arranged nicely on a plate before everyone starts grabbing...}
The entire baseball season we had been telling Braeden, and working with him, to just RUN and NOT WATCH THE BALL.  Trust your base coaches and they'll tell you what to do.  Just WATCH THEM!  Yep... during the local World Series that their team played in, he was on 2nd and his good friend, Luke, smacked a ball right between 2nd and 3rd... and Braeden RAN!  Without looking AT the ball... just like his coach was telling him to, but... the ball ran right into his head!  It clipped the bottom of his helmet and smacked him right on the upper cheek bone.  Really???  Yes.  And they called him out, obviously.  :'(  He didn't just hit the ground... he went down in slow motion.  Poor guy!  And pictures don't do it any justice.  It was black all around his eye and all the way down the side of his face under his cheek bone.  Boo.  Now we have to work on watching the base coach AND checking where the ball is!
Day 2 of his black-ish eye.

Day 4.  It did get a little worse than this, but... I didn't get any more pictures of it.

Hmmm...  I'll point this out, though.  Notice how yellow his permanent teeth are compared to his baby teeth?  Why is that?  All three of these kids had SUPER WHITE baby teeth, but their permanents aren't coming in like that.  :o(

These are pictures I took of them one day recently after church.  I took them for Kaylee, Nick's fiancee, so that she could see the girls in the stuff she made them for the wedding!  And Braeden didn't want to be left out, so we let him put on his tie and pose, too!

Just kidding... there is one more picture of his black eye, but this is beyond a week, and already looking BETTER!

She will be without the leggings.  I need to get her some bloomers instead.

Other than posture, isn't she cute??  :o)

Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green??  Do you eat like a Sneech , beside water running in the street, or play in your swimsuit all daaaayyy???  Is that what you do?  So does Ella!  ;o)

This is commonly how Ella eats noodles.  Lovely, I know... and such great manners, too, huh?  I'm always the first to say that I'm raising a bunch of zoo animals around here!
And... Lexi lost her first molar!  She didn't even have to have it pulled!  It just fell out and the other one is already coming in... and I have NO PICTURES!  Boo.
And... I got some "new" teeth!  Not really... I just got some tooth-in-a-tube!  {In other words... I had some bonding done on my top 4 front teeth.}  I had started grinding my teeth again and it was wearing my teeth down.  Not only wearing it down, though, it was really chipping them to pieces... eeeek!  It looked awful and I hated it, so... I got them fixed and got a night guard to hopefully protect against any further wear.

AND...  our Korean neighbors moved.  :'(  They went back to South Korea for 4-5 years to take care of, fix up, and sell a business building they own over there.  We do have new neighbors, but they haven't moved in permanently yet.  They are renting.  And they are Asian, also, but we don't know much about them except their names, and that they seem really friendly!
AND... the other Alexa on the street moved... to COLUMBIA!  He dad works for the Dept. of Homeland Security and they knew a move was coming.  Their dad went several months ago and their mom stayed here with the 4 kids waiting for their 2nd oldest to graduate from high school.  Their two older boys got jobs at the embassy there in Columbia and are excited for a new adventure in life, at least for several years, but it's a little scary right now... since the last scandal...
AND... the couple at the end of our side in the culdesac (with the 3 boys that my kids play with) broke up and moved out.  She moved just down the street and is now together with the guy across the street at the end of our culdesac...  (which causes confusion among the children, and drama among the adults...  Needless to say, I just try to stay out of it.)
And...  what else?  Lots going on around here!

And now... just what you've been waiting for:  THE FUNNIES!!

"Can't you just call Costco and tell them we hate Spongebob and ask them to go back to Star Wars??" - Braeden  {talking about Gogurt packages}
"Sure, Braeden, I'll put that on my list of IMPORTANT things to do RIGHT AWAY!" - Me
"Well, you don't have to do it right NOW.  You can do it when we get home from Disneyland!" - Braeden

"What's the next baby for Sam and Amberie going to be?  A girl for me and Lexi... {long pause}... or... another boy?" - Ella

"Mom!!  Ella said a bad word!  She said the "s" word!!" - Braeden {as he comes running down the stairs to get her in trouble}
"Are you sure?" - Me
"Yes!  She said, 's-h-i...'" - Lexi  {also on the tattle list!}
"Ella.  Can you come down for a minute??" - Me
"What, Mom?" - Ella
"Did you say a bad word?" - Me
"No." - Ella
"Lexi and Braeden told me you said a bad word." - Me
"I didn't." - Ella
"Ella.  Did you say 'shit'?" - Me
... looks around... puts her leg up and strikes a pose...
"Is shit a bad word??" - Ella
"Um... yes!  Please don't say it anymore!" - Me
{And then... I lost it... and so did Damian... we just couldn't help but laugh.  Her poor innocent face, and the pose, and the way she said it...  oops!"

"Mom, can I have JAM in my hair like Braeden?" - Ella  {JAM = GEL!!}

"Mom!  Grandma!!!  We found a DINOSAUR BONE!!!!" - Lexi and Braeden  {They had been digging in my mom's back yard and had found a bone.  Likely one that belonged to a dog we buried MANY years ago.  Lovely.  And my mom thought I should go on letting them believe that it was actually a dinosaur bone.  :o)}

"I just LOVE those sprinklers!!" - Emma to Ella
{Emma belongs to Cody and Megan!  And yes, I've been collecting these funnies for a LONG time now!  This was from the 4th of July LAST YEAR!}

"You should see all the crazy things we find on the internet when we should be STUDYING!" - Nick  {Who is in pharmacy school...  watch out for who's dispensing your drugs!!}

"The two-th time" - Ella  {The second time.}

"Why are we going to the store AGAIN!??!" - Ella
"Because we HAVE to grab something." - Me
"What's GRASS HOPPING?  Is it fun?  Is it a game??" - Ella
{Grass hopping = grab something... only misunderstood.}

"The TV is running out of battery, Dad.  We better just watch the movie." - Lexi  {??  I was pretty sure she knew the TV didn't run on batteries...  but... who knows.  She's so smart otherwise, that we think it's crazy when she misunderstands something!}

"Rock-a-bye baby... in a TREE BOX!" - Ella

"Paper-cot tree." - Ella  {= Apricot tree}

"I think I'm getting a ZIT!!" - Lexi

"Gma, do you still have your CRUNCHES??" - Ella  {Crunches = crutches}

"Oh!!  It says my NAME!!  E-F-G-3!!" - Ella
{????  She was looking at one of the silly fake credit cards that come in the mail and those were the letters/numbers in the space where a name should be...}

"Incited" - Ella {=Decided}

"I saw a DANTALOPE!!" - Ella
"Is that like a jackalope?" - Damian
"Yep!" - Ella  {Though she has no idea what a jackalope is.}

"Oh, Christmas EVE" - Ella  {=Oh, Christmas TREE}

"Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose.  And if you ever saw it, you would even say 'HELLO!'"- Ella

"Mom!  There was a guy in a shiny truck and he STOLED A HORSE!" - Ella  {????}

"Gma, what are you doing up there?" - Ella  {to my mom who was on the roof fixing the swamp cooler}
"Oh, I just like to come up here and sit sometimes!  Do you wanna come up and join me?" - Gma Pam
"Yes!" - Ella  {who was already starting to climb the ladder...}
"Oh, no, Ella!  I was just joking!  Get down from there.  It's too high up here and I can't help you!!" - Gma Pam
"Awww." - Ella

"Mom, do you have your eye-tacs in?" - Ella {eye-tacs=contacts}

It's true... we're crazy, but we have a lot of fun around here... most of the time, anyway!  Bet you wish you could live with us!  Or not!  Hahaha!!  :o)

3 comments:

Damian said...

oh goodness. funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Love it all!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!
Love Aunt T

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background