Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nick's Wedding!!

July 21st, 2012 Nick got married!!  Yay!  And his wife, Kaylee, is so cute!  I just know we'll love her to pieces!
I've been keeping an online journal so that I can just go back and grab what I've written and insert it in with the pictures that correspond, in hopes that I will be better able to catch up on the blog, and then keep it in order and fairly current!  And, knowing this is WAAAY out of order, I also know that most of those that read this want to see this event, so... here you go!
{Straight from my journal entry:}

Saturday, July 21st:  Today was a BUSY day!  And just for the record, I was ready ON TIME and had all of the kids ready, too!!!  We had to be at the temple at 9 a.m. and we were ready to go at 8:35!!!!!!!  TRUE STORY!!!  Write it down!  It's one for the history books!  We had everything but our room key!  Haha!  Both Damian and I had walked out without one.  Well... almost, huh?  The kids were in their Sunday clothes, with hair done and prim and proper, I was ready and had my purse, my recommend, and my camera... what more can be asked of me??  Sheesh!  Damian got it quickly taken care of at the desk and we were quickly on our way!  We dropped the kids off in front of the temple with Damian's dad, who took care of them during the sealing.  It was beautiful.  I did feel the need to remind Damian not to be his normal ridiculous self, because he was offered money if he could get Nick to laugh.  Seriously.  He got Eric, but Nick is much wiser.  He already knew that looking at Damian during such an important thing was simply not an option.  ;o)  Damian wasn't being irreverent... just Damian!
After the sealing we waited for the bride and groom outside, took pictures with the group there, and then headed back to the hotel for a few minutes.  Well... I stopped at Target to get their gift and a necklace for my reception attire, and then we headed back out to the luncheon.  It took us a minute to find exactly where we were going because we had a little GPS glitch!  And though we thought we might go to visit a friend, we couldn't get a hold of him, so went back to the hotel after the luncheon and took a nap.  True... we took a nap.  Thank goodness for Lexi.  The kids were watching TV and drawing and playing around while Damian and I were totally out... and at 5 mins. to 4 o'clock Lexi woke us, letting us know that we had to leave soon.  Wow!  We told her thank you and really were so grateful!  We were to be at the reception center at 4:30.  We missed that deadline by 10 mins. or so, but it would have been worse if not for her!  We quickly got up, got changed... again... redid hair, and headed out again!
The reception was very nice.  The kids got restless, but that's to be expected, I guess, when there's not really a whole lot for little ones to do.  Just right after the reception ended at 8 p.m. we headed out and made out way downtown to do our own little visit of Temple Square.  And we ended our time there with a family carriage ride up to City Creek, just outside of the bustling city, and back.  We were able to see the Beehive House and the Lion House on our ride, and enjoy some peaceful time together!
We ended our night back in Gma & Gpa Linda's room, saying goodbye to them, since they were off to Mexico for a week for vacation early the next morning!  {They have a time-share and were taking the first of two weeks of it.  Nick and Kaylee are taking the second week and will return just before their reception in Cedar!}  Katie and her family were there, too, so we hung out for a little while, got our dishes figured out from the night before, and then called it a night!  The kids were pooped!  And so were we!  A fabulous day for a wedding!
 Congratulations, Nick and Kaylee!

The happy couple!

{Pictures of our family trip to Temple Square will be posted separately!}

I can't even remember what was so funny!
I kept this just because of Katie and Lexi!  Haha.  Neither appears to know there is a shutter closing at that very moment!
Catching up with family while waiting for the bride and groom!  Aunt Gayela, Gma Autrey, Aunt Janae, and Momma Linda are the best ones visible in this photo.
Momma Linda trying to catch up to her momma!
I'm wondering when it will really sink in for these 3 that if they will all just work together for less than 30 seconds, rather than dragging it out uncooperatively over 10 mins. that it would be MUCH LESS PAINFUL FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED.
I did include this pic of Seth trying to get his 2 kids to pose for him... also unsuccessfully!  Haha! 
Braeden has somehow inherited the Liebhardt boy gene that has an aversion to taking a normal picture.  How did this happen?  Have you ever paid close attention to the pictures that Damian, Nick, and Eric are in??  I'm telling you... it's got to be in their DNA.
And this is pretty much as good as it gets.  And it took MANY a picture just to get this.  Stinkers!  But I do really love this one!  It's sweet!
Katie, Casey, Hayden and Corbin
Gma Linda trying to get a good one of Kate's family!  I mostly loved the color and water that was awesome in this picture!
Momma Linda, with her momma, Marilyn, and her brother, Robert.
Braeden and Jonathan... who just couldn't resist the water!
But neither could the other two boys!  Hayden and Corbin are also enjoying dipping their fingers in the fountain!
Waiting for the bride and groom to emerge!  {And now would be a good time to start noticing the Liebhardt boys' silly faces!  Damian's first!}


Hugs for all!  Notice that Braeden is smashed between Nick and Lexi!
And now Ella is smashed between Nick and Caroline!  :o)
Nick and Jonathan.  J's shades crack me up!
I should have started here... I LOVE SHOES!
Eric's new name is Uncle GYM!
I have some photos that are definitely better than others... for color, lack of blur on the subject, background, etc. and I really like this one of Seth and Jonathan!  This is where J is a lot of the time, I've noticed, and I'm not sure why that is other than that they are maybe keeping him from running away and getting into other mischief!  ;o)
Uncle GYM is still providing a nice workout!
Gpa Autrey holding one of his great-grandchildren, while Angela, his youngest grandchild has a little fun with the baby!
Braeden and Ella sure do love Uncle GYM!
But I think Uncle GYM's had enough love for a while!  Haha!
Katie and me!  Thanks to Lexi!
Lexi rode back to the hotel with Caroline and her family, so it was just the 4 of us making a break for it!  Damian's the photographer here!
We tried to get a picture of all 3 of us jumping, but I think we missed it... just a little!  Love Ella's hair, though!
Another good time to notice the Liebhardt boys!  Eric sneaks into a lot of pictures!  And I think Damian is very handsome!  Still!



Notice where Jonathan is?  :o)
Ella is giving her advice... just like the note above asked!
I think her's might be the best of all!
Now on to the reception!
A double-decker reception center!  Ella, Lexi, and Caroline up on the top deck!
Katie, Hayden, Corbin, Casey, and Gail, who I caught in mid-strike-a-pose!
Notice Eric??
It didn't take very long before Braeden needed a supervised time-out.  He just gets so rowdy.
A sea of blue trying to work out some pictures!
Poor Hayden.  He soooo didn't want to leave his mom's side to have his picture taken!  And notice the other two little boys next to him?  Haha!
All the kids!  Kaylee's family has Nick's beat by one... we have 7 up there, and they have 8!  All cuties!
Caroline and Corbin
Braeden and Hayden!  I love these two!
Liebhardt's waiting their turn for pictures!
Hayden playing Hide-n'-Seek.  I'm not sure this is a really good spot, but... :o)
Nick and Ella
By this point I don't really think I need to say anything, right??
Lovely.  See what I mean??  EVIDENCE, I tell you.  EVIDENCE that it's genetic!
They were all giggling, but I think Eric could hardly breathe he was laughing so hard!  Eric on the left holding Nick with Damian on the right!
I'm still pretty sure Kaylee doesn't have a real good idea of just what she's gotten into!  I love it!  Gail, Dad, Eric, Kaylee, Nick, Damian, Momma Linda, and Katie
Momma Linda and Nick
Ella telling Caroline "secrets!"
I really am putting a photography class on my "bucket list."  I had my camera on the wrong setting for Momma Linda's twirl, and as a result... I get blurrrr.
The Seven Joys of Grandparenthood!  A new best-seller chronicling the seven joys that come from suffering through the painful parenthood years!
It's amazing what you can do without a flash even in poor lighting with people that actually know how to hold still and COOPERATE for just a few seconds at a time!  Dad and Momma Linda
What's going on here??  Damian and Ella
Oh!  I see!  Trading headgear!  Looks fabulous, don't you think??
And while all that was happening, someone else ran off with my shoes, while carrying her own in her hand.  That would be Lexi!  ;o)
More silliness on the part of the little ones!  Corbin, Braeden, Hayden, and Ella
The line... which was only the bride, groom, and their parents!
I went upstairs to enjoy a little more peace with Damian, and Ella was up there, and wanted to take a few snapshots, so... here we go!  We are following her directions.  And I'm totally serious.  Each face was one she asked us to make.  Almost all had to do with sticking out our tongues!
Though, I'll give her credit... for no editing... this one is pretty good!

A little out of focus, Ella...
"I'll try it on myself!"

Taking a picture of Dad taking a picture of me!  {Ella}
Okay, Ella.  Hand it over.  That's ENOUGH!!
Dad in the middle of the reception area!  And I think this is the ONLY picture I got of Gma Liebhardt sitting next to her sister-in-law, Donna, who came from LA!  She looks so much older than Gma...  but then, I don't know how old her brother was, or Donna, either, so...

They were both really nice about the cake.  No smashing, no nonsense.
Nick's Sigma Chi friends trying to get his car keys.
Jonathan is back up on his perch!  Poor Seth... I hope his neck and shoulders are okay.  I can't do this for very long... even with a little one.
1st dance

Dad is so proud and emotional.  When I noticed he was crying, I mentioned it to Momma Linda, and she replied that it was the country music.  To which I replied that I love country...  Apparently so does Dad.  Either that or it's so bad for him that it moves him to tears!  ;o)
Gma Liebhardt, Gma Autrey, Gma Linda, Ella, and Gpa Autrey behind watching the 1st dance!


Do I really need more evidence?
Momma Linda wanted to dip Nick at the end of her dance with him, so Eric was using Lexi to show her how!  Haha!
She wanted literally no part of it.
But Gma Linda's a fast learner... even without a proper example!  Here's the twirl...
...and the dip!  :o)
Gma Liebhardt, Gma & Gpa Autrey
We are very much enjoying their slideshow!  Gma Autrey, me, and Momma Linda
Again.  And I had given the camera to Eric for a while!  This is what I get!  ;o)
More rough-housing...  sigh.  Hayden, Ella, Caroline, and Braeden
Kaylee getting ready to throw the bouquet.
Fortunately none of our little girls caught it, though they were ready to!
I'll go ahead and file this in the EVIDENCE folder.  Nick

Hmmm...  I don't think you need an explanation for what's happening here, right??
This picture makes me giggle a little!
Nick throwing the garter.
And Eric did NOT catch it.  Boo.
DING!  It's time to go.  The natives are past restless!  They are running jungle wild!
Braeden and Hayden... having fun getting sweaty like all little boys must love to do.
Braeden's now big enough, and Hayden's still small enough, that he can drag him around on his foot/leg!
Yep.  Time to go!  They're all worn out!  THANK GOODNESS, right??!!??
Whew!  Hope you made it through all of that!  It was a fantastic day, full of family and fun, and exhausting activity!

No comments:

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background