Saturday, June 23, 2012

Soccer Monkeys

True... an ENTIRE soccer season came and went without even a mention!  {Sorry, Lexi!}  Spring soccer here with TVSA is co-ed and non-competitive... thank goodness.  {The games ran every Saturday from 31 March to 12 May 2012!}  Lexi's team didn't do really great, but it was still exercise and growth in skill!  She's becoming quite the defender, and FINALLY has a great boot on her!  So proud that she can totally clear it out of the back most of the time!  And though she did play half-back and forward a few times, she's really much more comfortable on defense!  You certainly canNOT win a game without a good defense!  She had a great season, and had 2 friends on the team!  We had requested Avery, her cousin, and Adie, a friend from school!  She loved that!  {And Avery made her VERY FIRST GOAL this season!!  Woot!!}
Below is a look at the season in review... reel style!  {Meaning... not TOO many comments... just enjoy the show!}  
Great work this season, Lexi!  You are seriously someone to reckon with... and your speed is amazing!  {I wish I could still run that fast and that long!}
Really?  Yes.  We don't know who came up with the name for the team, but this is just what showed up.  Hmmm... I would say it was the coaches and their daughter...
It's a good theory, but for 8/9 yr. olds... actually playing on the field works MUCH, MUCH better.
Having cleats checked before the game!

Bet 'ya can't guess who's under the coat!  Haha!  Gma Pam was able to come to a couple of games this season!  Yay!

One of the strangest warm-ups I have ever witnessed!  ;o)

And Aunt Colleen and Uncle John were able to come to a game, too!  Doesn't Braeden look SOOO excited for the game!??  {And fair enough... this is how Lexi looks at his games, too, until she finds someone to play with!}

2 Gma's at one game!



She was one of the few on this team that knew enough to KEEP HER FEET DOWN on the throw-in. 


This is how we entertain ourselves at soccer games!  :o)

And then we involve others!!

And during half-time, we take our own shots on goal!  Yay for Ella... GOOAAALLL!

Okay, maybe I lied about the comments!  I LOVE this picture!




We need to work on playing the BALL and not the PLAYER!  Haha!  But... nice stopping him, Lexi!  ;o)  That'll do it every time!

BOOOOOM!!!
Braeden and Tommy... brothers of players!  {The players being Lexi and Adie!}


The ONE thing I really liked about this team was that they got to take turns being the team captains!  This was her day!

Lexi spraying Adie and Avery!  {Yep... 3 A's:  Alexa, Adison, and Avery!}





Hmmm... I'd say this is NOT something you see at every soccer game.  Swamp Monster??  Strange, that's for sure!  But I couldn't resist!


Every once in a while, even Lexi needs help and reminding about SPREADING OUT!

Braeden and Damian!
Since they're not in the same order as on the banner... In the front are Adie and Lexi, the starting on the left in the back:  David, Brent, Peter, Trystan, Kailey, Kelsey, Avery, and Daniel (who is David's brother...)
It was an... okay... season.  And it gave a couple of us a lot to think about.  Adie's mom and I have TENTATIVELY signed up as co-coaches for the girls.  The coaching staff was super nice, but not really great at getting the kids to understand the game and TRUST each other and come together as a team... mostly because they hardly ever played the GAME at a practice.  They spent most of their time at practice working AGAINST each other... like playing sharks and minnows.  Now... this is not to say that IF I coach, they will have a super winning team, BUT... they will at least know what I mean when I tell them what position they are playing.  {Yep... it was often that bad!}

1 comment:

Damian said...

Nice shots Lexi! I'm so glad you update our blog!!

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background