17 February, 2012, which was a Friday, we had off of school for a work reduction day, so... we went with Theresa and her kids to Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego! You can find it here: It's a fun place, and so wonderful for the kids to have hands-on experience with some fun marine creatures! We STILL really need to go back, not only because it's a great place to discover and run around on the beach, but also because we haven't even had a chance the couple of times we've been there to experience all the fun stuff they have to offer. There are movies, a museum, etc! I'm putting it on my list of summer things to do... along with the MILLION other things! :o)
 |
| Tristin, Braeden, and Lexi heading down to the beach area. And yes... it's obviously cold enough for the attire they are wearing! {But, as you know... that NEVER stops my kids from getting in the water!} |
 |
| Awww... it's not very often that these two get along so well any more. I don't know why, but... at least there are times when they are really sweet to each other! I'll take it when it happens! |
 |
| Lexi and Ella {And beautiful scenery, too!} |
 |
| Checking out some of the fun things you find in the cracks! {Braeden and Ella} |
 |
| See the fish? Stuck to the side of the wall?? See it? See it?? |
 |
| Amazing! And to think you can't see any of this stuff when it's high tide. |
 |
| Theresa picked up a little hermit crab. |
 |
| This one is quite a bit bigger, but still would fit easily into the palm of my hand! |
 |
| Alyssa got brave and stuck her finger in one of the sea anemones! |
 |
| I love this picture... right before he fell in! |
 |
| And then she slipped off, too. Monkey see, monkey do! |
 |
| I was just taken by the beauty that is here. It's very peaceful. |
 |
| I'm pretty sure this is Braeden's finger. He was running around finding any that were open and sticking his finger in before anyone else could. |
 |
| We also ran into some other friends. This is Lexi and Robert, who is not only in her school class, but is one of my piano students, as well. Small world! |
 |
| And not only did he slip in, but then he almost lost his flip-flop to a little wave! Crazy kid! I love him, though... I just think he's the cutest little boy I know! :o) |
 |
| Isn't the color wonderful?? The water really brings out the blue in my kids' eyes! Ella... and a little bit of Braeden. |
 |
| She did NOT fall in! It wasn't until the end(ish) when she decided to sit down in a little warm pool of water! |
 |
| Lexi and a sea anemone. |
 |
| Zooming way in... you can see some of its tentacles before it's completely closes on her finger! |
 |
| Sea star... with broken legs. :'( Lexi and Ella checking it out! |
 |
| An albino sea star! |
 |
| Same one being looked at and held by Alyssa... and then Braeden. |
 |
| Really shaggy carpet! ;o) |
 |
| Our mostly happy little ones! {Tristin, I remember, wasn't too thrilled with the whole thing and spent most of his time being cold. :o(} In front are Alyssa and Ella, then Tristin, then Lexi, and at the back is Braeden! |
 |
| Proof that I was there! Yay! Me with a cool, swirly rock! |
 |
| Ella and I with some pretty shell finds! |
 |
| Oooohhh! Pretty sea star! |
 |
| And there were quite a few more like it... and this one! They were much bigger than my hand! We didn't pick these up. |
 |
| Oops! Yes, Lexi, it is very slippery! Just ask Braeden... who is wet up past his waistline! :o) |
 |
| Lexi and Braeden, scaling the wall! |
 |
| Warm water makes them need to.... {you get the rest, right?} |
 |
| And this is when Ella finally decided it wouldn't be a really horrible thing to get wet! Yay! |
 |
| "Mom! Is this a shell??" - Ella {Um... no... just a warped brick that washed ashore!} |
 |
| Tristin and Ella. Yep... he did finally venture out of his jacket! :o) |
 |
| Theresa and Maureen (who is Robert's mom) both holding very COOL shells! Giant, too! |
 |
| Exploring a little cave! Braeden, Alyssa, me and Ella, and Lexi! |
 |
| Not only is he a crazy climber... who is about to fall, but, this is a good way to really gauge just how wet he is now! I'm not really sure why he even has his clothes on still... {The wet line is up to his shoulder blades!} |
 |
| He's the "king of the world!" Yep... he made it! |
 |
| Another cave. Alyssa is following Ella, Erick (Robert's brother and Braeden's friend) looking sad, some random girl coming out, and Lexi in the back! |
 |
| It was a bit of a tight squeeze through here, but we all made it! Braeden, Lexi, Ella, and me! |
 |
| Hmmm... It's pretty, though! |
 |
| Such a sweet face... and so entertained by what the sea has to offer! She may not always be happy and have a good attitude, but when she's at the beach... none of that ugly really seems to surface! She's happy anywhere there is water! Always has been... and it doesn't look like it will change any time soon! :o) |
 |
| Blue skies and SUNSHINE for me!! Our group for the day! Me, Ella, Alyssa, Tristin, and Theresa. Lexi and Braeden at the top... where else?? |
 |
| It was, indeed, a beautiful day at the beach! And some days... like this one... I wish I had a sailboat! {And then I remember... I get seasick! So... nevermind!} |
It really was a fun day. I love being able to explore and not hear so much bickering! And... even if they are... the sound of the ocean sometimes drowns it out! ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment