I would like to start this post by saying that THIS kind of stuff is NOT what you would have seen me doing as a child in November. I loved the snow and all that it brought. But I do love that my kids can play outside without too much hassle almost all year 'round! I just remember how tiring it was even that year we lived in Utah with just Lexi and Braeden when they were little. They wanted to go out and play in the snow every day, but by the time we got all their bundling done, someone needed to go to the potty, needed something to eat, or was already tired and having a meltdown. Then IF they actually made it out, they only played for half an hour or so before they were soaked and freezing and wanting to come back in... for which it took another half an hour to get the clothes off, get them in front of the fire and warmed, etc. I love going for vacation in the winter and doing it with them for a couple of weeks during the year, but... that's about it now! So sad, I know, but I love that I can see snow off in the distance here, and NEVER have to shovel it before hauling the kids to school!! :o)
This post represents the few days before Thanksgiving when my kids were out of school for the entire week! Fun stuff! We have neighbors a couple doors down who have grandkids come to visit often and they are just the ages of my kids, plus an older sister! They have a great time together, but Lexi and Riley are probably the closest! They have even been writing each other... and sending it snail mail! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! They are so cute, and they have such a good time together. They are both full of life and curiosity, but want virtually no help from anyone else. They just MUST do it on their own! You'll soon see what I'm talking about!
 |
| Lexi on the bike, Riley on Braeden's skateboard... a rope in between... hmmm... |
 |
| Success???!!!??? |
 |
| Maybe, but getting back up the little hill is much, MUCH harder!! |
 |
| Notice that the rope has changed position a little... it's now around her waist, and Lexi is NOT paying attention to where she is going! |
 |
| And thus... somehow the skateboard ends up in front of the bike and both girls are on the blacktop. ;o) {It's okay, though... no one was seriously injured, and they were quickly back at it!} |
 |
| Then trying new things... really?? Haha! |
 |
| And more... silly, SILLY girls! They were just giggling all afternoon! |
 |
| And Braeden was at a party for most of this, but some of his friends were out and on our stuff... Aaron (from Arizona) on the Gator, Cody in the wagon, and his brother Coy on the tricycle that is MUCH too SMALL for him. |
 |
| Typical of the one in the middle. Scary. |
 |
| I'm posting this to show just how long her hair is. It's dragging on the pavement! |
 |
| And they still have their helmets on for a reason. They get a little wild! :o) |
 |
| And then Lexi got a hold of my camera and this is what I find. Lovely! |
And for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, Lexi went to soccer camp for a few hours each morning! My friend's daughter, Mekayla, is on the girls team at the high school and they were doing a fundraiser and Lexi is always looking to learn something new and get better, so... here was a fun way that was ONLY for HER!
 |
| Lexi and Mekayla! |
 |
| Fun scrimmages at the end of every day's practice! |
 |
| Go, Lexi!! |
 |
| Wow! Lots of silly faces!! Thanks, Golden Bears! It was a great time! |
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun!
I don't think you saw when Riley's hair got wrapped around the wheel on the skateboard! She had to have her father help her get it unwrapped. Love, Grandma Pam
Post a Comment