Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Little at a Time

Okay, so I'll be doing a little catch-up at a time... and adding with it all the new stuff!



So, today, we went for Braeden's first day of sports! In the course of 8 weeks they will learn the basics of soccer, baseball, basketball, and football, plus some track and field stuff! Then he can choose what he really likes!



Today they focused on soccer... and he loved it, but I must admit that he is WAY better at baseball. Oh, well! He made a goal when they were running around and he was super happy about it! Ella and I sat and baked in the HOT Temecula sun while he played... I was perspiring! Yuck... I hope it cools off soon! (And notice that I don't have any pictures of him playing with the soccer ball... great, huh?? I had to put the camera away because Ella was having a fit over it. She loves the lense cap! Humpf!)
Stretching out...
Chasing after Coach Ted.
Lining up under Coach Dan's wings.

I spent most of the day in the car running kids around. After I dropped Alexa off at school Braeden and I started the laundry, then it was time to take him to sports. Then straight from there back home to grab Lexi's stuff for dance and on my way to pick her and her church friend, Kaleb up from school. Drop Kaleb off, get the kids to eat really fast in the car, pick up Kate, also a friend from church, and off to dance we go! It may not sound like a lot, but add Ella and her eating schedule in there and it gets a little hairy sometimes! Then Lexi is picked up by Kate's mom and from there she went off to play at her house today. Which is totally fine, but she got home an hour and a half LATER than I had expected her... I have to admit that I started to get worried. Then it was past time to do homework and start on dinner, but with a grumpy Ella (who didn't take a nap... BIG SURPRISE... NOT) hanging on me. But somehow we pulled it off and even had our friend, Troy, over for dinner. He and Damian got to catch up a little after dinner before it was time to read scriptures and head to bed. And in between all of that and the laundry we had going I sat down to start this for not more than 5 mins. and what do you know but that I lost Braeden! I knew something was fishy when I couldn't hear him singing downstairs, so I went outside... and this is what I found... (Even he made a comment about how dirty his socks were! But he just wanted to get a new pair... no big deal for him! More laundry for me... yay!)
And now here I am... back at the computer.


Below is a little section we'll title: Helpful Ella... ;)
She likes to take the WET laundry out of the dryer as fast as I can put it in... lovely!


And she likes all forms of vacuuming... dust-buster or the regular vacuum... and she's even enthralled with the nasty broom. Strange, but true! She loves to CLEAN! (And I'm sure that won't last for long...)




After church the other day Braeden decided that after he took off his church clothes, that he would rather dive into the toy box with all the stuffed animals than get redressed. He had a long conversation with all of them, and then buried himself in all of them. Amazingly enough, he hid there for a while! (He does have underwear on... but that's all!)



We finally went to the Duck Pond of Temecula! It's just down the street from us and the kids have been wanting to go for a long time, so we gathered together all our bread crusts and headed out! My camera isn't on zoom here... they were this close! We had a great time and it was fun to see the kids run around throwing bread at the ducks. You'll notice that Braeden has on a jacket, and that Lexi is in a sleeveless top. Well, the day started out cool, but when we got there it was NOT cool at all, however, it is a new jacket, and he would NOT take it off! I think he even wore the hood the whole time. Crazy kid. He still has a love/hate relationship with clothes and shoes!

4 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

It's good to hear from you guys again! It sounds like you are very busy as usual. Sports, dancing, and a walking baby. It's exhausting! I can sympathize!

M.S. said...

You and I might be leading the same life? Some one add church mentioned they saw a bumper sticker that said, "Stay at Home Mom, Then why am I always in the Car."

Jessica said...

I love the shot of Braeden in the toy box. My girls just love to get into their toy box with the stuffed animals. I kind of miss it myself :)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Tandy! You're going to go absolutely crazy trying to keep up with all those kids! Now I know why I never did sports or dance for kids (only swimming and gymnastics). Please ask Damian if he feels deprived, but if he says "yes," I don't want to know. I can't do an "UNDO" or anything! Love, MommaLinda

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background