Then Saturday was filled with more fun of digging weeds out of the back lawn, and we're not sure that there is really ANY grass back there at all, but Damian was hard at work pulling out the long dandelion roots. Lexi had a birthday party for one of the girls in her school class. The had a "rockin' good time" with guitars, music, CD cookies, etc. all to the theme of Hannah Montana!
Sunday was pretty regular. Ella taking her clothes off, trying to get into the toilet, shaking her head and her "no-no" finger as she starts to unroll the toilet paper roll... you get the idea? And this all while we're trying to get Lexi and Braeden to watch a few talks during General Conference! Ha! Just kidding, but through the course of the day, we do a lot of chasing our kids around! We did manage to get them all down for a short nap in the afternoon.
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were the usual rat race to get everything done... school, sports and dance, play dates, school, taxi... etc. Wednesday was National Walk to School Day, so we tried a little of that! What I mean is... we drove across the super busy street by our house and parked the van on the very first street past there, then hiked up the hill, waited for the crossing guard, and went the rest of the way to school! I hate to admit it, but we were actually a minute or two late. The bell was ringing just before we got to the gate! Sad, but true! And they were pooped out by the time we got there! But it was fun... sort of! :)
Braeden was the "Super Duper" in his class yesterday, and Lexi got a "Super Blue" card at school today! Things are looking up around here! Well behaved kids! Yay! Then after school yesterday we spent 4 1/2 hours outside in the cul-de-sac with all our neighbors... playing until.. and BEYOND when the Gator's battery DIED!! Fortunately they do other things, but there are 4 or 5 little power cars around here! We have a lot of fun with our friends and neighbors!
And today... more of the same. At some point I really need to go to the grocery store! Food... who needs it anyway???
__________________________________________
Below are some catch-up pictures... obviously:
This is Damian getting ready with his body armor to go on one of THE hikes. Fun!
Happy Birthday, Daddy! August 29th he turned 31!! And though he had to work, we had a special surprise waiting for him when he got home! I let the kids do most of the work... well, you'll see!
Mmmmm.... Yummy chocolate cake with LOTS of frosting and LOTS of candles!
Isn't it decorated so well??
Lexi here is putting more frosting in her mouth than she is onto the cake. I have to admit that they get this stuff from me. I LOVE frosting, cookie dough, batter, anything like that... and they've taken OVER on all the stuff I love. Darn kids... I hardly ever get to clean the brownie bowl anymore!
It's good that Nick is strong... and patient!
I really need to do a day where I just catch up on all the funnies that my kids... and others, say! Above is what they call a "DOG PIE!" instead of a dog PILE! Lovely! Is that like a cow pie?? Poor Nick!
Aunt Gail in mid-flip with Braeden!
Ella enjoying one her first tastes of sweet, green grass!
Whoa, Lexi... what happened?? We had lots of fun on Grandma and Grandpa Linda's front lawn one day while we were there in July/August...!
12 comments:
Good update. If you take care of things they do tend to last. The crib has seen 3 generations!
I am sorry I forgot to sign my comment. This is Grandma Pam!
did you say parked the MINI VAN? I am so disappointed that Damien gave in. A MINI VAN? It is over, he is 100% domesticated.
Ryan
http://ryanronnichrissyryneandconner.blogspot.com/
Poor Braeden, I still look like that every time I get dragged to the green show. I hope he at least got a lolipop or a tart for his efforts.
Ok, the whole Out-of-control cake walkers are a big peeve of mine too-then again, I have loads of em' like kids at the park going up the slide instead of the stair....gggrrrr! Don't get me started! Anyway, boy you guys are busy! We will be seeing you in a couple weeks I hope!
I just found your blog. I'm so excited to see and hear your stories. I miss you. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for sharing some smiles!
Good catching up! LOVE the b-day cake!
Lovely! See you soon!
Eric and Grandma Linda
It sound like you guys are busy. I don't know how life goes so fast. It must just come with having three kids. You were taking about Lexi fall festival. Brynn is in three weeks, and I have to do a booth. Was there any really cool booths that stuck out? Loves
LOVE the hat on Ella at the green show... how on earth do you keep hat's on babies? Mine would never keep them on for more than 2 seconds... same with hair accessories... I do it, they pull it out - even now and just about as fast... sigh...
I loved the pictures! How are you? Are you liking San Diego? We miss Cali, but we have liked it here. Believe me, the kids will get easier as the get older. They are adorable! Downi
Hey girl I added you! What are you up to lately? How are the kiddies?
Post a Comment