Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hippity-Hoppity Easter Is Here!!

Well... WAS here!  Gone now, but this post is our Easter post!  
8 April 2012

We had all pretty much been super sick just the week before... with the flu... remember that?  When I said it was totally knocking my socks off??  Well, okay... but I do!  ;o)
We were fortunate enough to be better by then and be able to welcome family into our home for our Easter tradition!  Whether we do it here or elsewhere, it's usually the same thing!  Dying eggs... which makes a mess, and you'll see the evidence of that in the photos to come, baskets from the Easter Bunny on the doorstep, then an egg hunt in the back yard, and then a wonderful meal together!  Great memories!  We're so happy that John, Colleen, and most of their family could join us!  We thought for sure they'd be avoiding us like the plague, but they weren't even worried about it!  So fun to have a house full of loved ones!  Especially to celebrate together!  And though we didn't celebrate the resurrection until the next day, we do always talk about the Savior and how grateful we are for him and his sacrifice for us.  We make sure that the kids all get the same number of eggs... because the Easter Bunny, just like the Savior, doesn't love one of the kids more than the other, and I really believe that our Heavenly Father and the Savior would be pleased to join us.  We are getting together and spending time with family.  Those are the times that mean the most and I think they would agree.  I would hope that anyway!

Ella starting her 2nd beautiful egg!  You should really know that we don't eat hardly any of these.  They don't get hid for the egg hunt... they are just for fun.  Just a tradition for us.  One that the kids love.  They LOVE making messes for me to clean up!  ;o)
Ella's very colorful egg!
Hmmm... Lexi is already wiping her fingers.  That's probably not a good sign, since this was her 1st egg!
He's just busy, busy.  No drama.  Lots of mess, but no drama about it!  I love that Braeden is lots less maintenance in that way!
I really love the glittery stuff.  Makes for a beautiful egg.
Why on earth did I think it was a good idea to have 3 or 4 different WAYS to beautify our eggs?  WHY?
Yay!!  Auntie Leslie and Uncie Josh are here to help and play!
Stupid fuzzy picture.  This is what happens when you try dipping the egg in ALL the different colors.  You get brown-ish.  {And no one believed me when I told them that's what would happen.  They just had to EXPERIMENT for themselves... and guess what?  I get to say, "I TOLD YOU SO!!"}

Now he's trying to see what other weird colors he can get!  Fabulous.
Auntie Leslie just can't resist her artistic urges to color an egg herself!
Lexi's.  I really do like this one.  And I'm totally serious.  I love that the colors are so vibrant!
Auntie Leslie and Ella
Coming along wonderfully.  Notice that the colors of Ella's eggs change, but the general pattern doesn't.  :o)

Peeps are fantastic.  I love them.  Hard or soft... and so does Leslie!  :o)
Hmmm... if all else fails... read the instructions!
This picture is obviously not about the egg... it's focused on the STUFF and the mess of coloring our eggs!  Paint rollers... yes... really!
Another of Lexi's.
Yikes... evil look.  That must mean more of a mess for me to clean is surely coming!  Haha!
Gma Pam and Aunt Colleen are guarding the door.  I think there may be some eggs to find out there by now... the Easter Bunny probably came while they were so busy with dying the eggs.  Busy hands is a sure way to take their mind off the egg hunt for a while!
Egg in a marbelizing bag!  Ella
Um yes... for future reference, I think Lexi really needs gloves for this activity.
And this is exactly why she would need the gloves.  Instead of using the tools that are specific for this activity... she is using her FINGERS.  Hmmm.
Braeden trying out one of his eggs.  {For their real intended purpose!}
Yay!  The Easter Bunny knocked and they found their baskets on the porch!  He left a note, too... one that reminded them to be nice to each other.  Although... Lexi and Ella don't seem to be concerned with the note so much as what's in the basket!  Of course.
Punch balloons are a great source of entertainment... both for them, and for us!
The hunt is ON!  Lexi is in a GIANT hurry!
Braeden with his baseball basket.  Perfect!
Notice Lexi did slow down for just a minute to help Ella.  :o)
Auntie Leslie is trying to point Ella in the right direction!
He's still QUICKLY on the move... even though his basket is already mostly full.

I love Ella's reactions!  YESSSSS!  She's just so excited to be getting them.  She's not yet to the point of, "MORE, MORE, must have more."
Just keep looking, just keep looking, just keep looking, looking, looking!
Looking with your hands definitely pays off.
Peek!  What's in behind here??  Ella
Leslie and Braeden counting and trying to decide if all the eggs have been found.
I love the colors of spring and Easter!
Hmmm... we can't find the last couple!
Uncle John is a quiet watcher, but always willing to help when needed!  He helped Lexi find one of the last eggs.
A full sweep of the area!  They just can't find that last egg!  Where could it be??  L to R:  Leslie, Damian, Josh, Ella, Lexi, and Braeden
But I found it!!  The Easter Bunny is tricky.  Very close to the same color as the leaves!
Now... we have to make sure everyone has the same number of eggs... and then we can open and discover our loot!  Auntie Jody, Lexi, Auntie Leslie, and Braeden.
Around the table clockwise, starting with Chris, Jody, Lexi, John, Josh behind, Leslie, Braeden, Gma Pam, Aunt Colleen and Ella
I came inside for a minute and just couldn't pass up the opportunity to photograph the actual MESS... that had to be cleaned up BEFORE lunch!  Whew!  So glad I had helpers here!
Whoa!  They made out like BANDITS!  Leslie, Braeden, Gma Pam, and Ella!
Notice Lexi has already gotten rid of all the candy.  She's focused on something else!
I love it!  Gma's are so fun to have around!
I can only imagine what she is saying to him!  It's just the look on their faces!  ;o)
Yep... same counter you just saw the mess on!  It is now decorated with a yummy spread of food!  It was all so good.  {Thanks to all who contributed!!}  Jody, Colleen, John, and Chris
Damian on the grill!  I love it when I don't have to do it!  And... he's much better at it than I am!
Lexi got a balloon bending kit in her basket, and was already practicing!  She made Ella a giraffe!  What?  Wasn't that your very first guess??
Auntie Jody was the star of balloon shaping!  She's really good at snails {green} and rabbits {white!}
See what I mean about punch balloon providing lots of entertainment??!!??  Josh!  And his face makes it more entertaining for those watching!  Hahaha!
The display of all our hard work and talent!!  Beautiful!

A fabulous day for us!  Thanks again to all who came and enjoyed with us!

3 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

I was wondering WHY all your kids were wearing white shirts while dying Easter eggs, then I could tell that they were cover-up shirts (maybe?). But still, cleaner than a lot of the ones I let my kids wear in public. ha!

Tandy said...

Yes... those were cover up shirts. They were just in my preschool basket of things for paint shirts. They were Braeden's white undershirts that he outgrew. I found that they worked better for the 4 little girls I had here every week last year than a giant one of mine. They were just too awkward in the really big ones! :o)

Anonymous said...

I loved Easter with all the family in California! Gma Pam

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background