Somehow I totally forgot our annual ski trip this year when I was trying to catch up. Probably because I totally forgot to bring my camera on that trip and had to borrow my mom's and then burn a disc to take home. Thank goodness she brought it to my attention!
So... WAAAAYYY back in January, we took our "annual" trip with DADDY to go skiing! It's a big thing for us. And even though we miss school to do it, we take him when we can get him and we love it! We did have a bit of a downer this year, though. Not only was there not much snow, but it was so hard packed and icy that Damian ended up fracturing his wrist. Boo. So we only went skiing one day. We spent another day tubing, which was new and fun for us, so it did work out, but the snow wasn't great this year. Oh, well!
This post represents the week of: 16-20 January 2012
 |
| Haha! Ella is ready to go... every color represented and a hat to match the personality! |
 |
| On our way. Not much snow, but oh, so cold! The kids are wearing the hats they got in their stockings at Christmas! |
 |
| Ella and her ski instructor! She got a private lesson without having to pay for one!! So wonderful to go the DAY AFTER THE HOLIDAY!! No one is up there! |
 |
| Wow! Don't they just look so thrilled?? Lexi and Braeden... not-so-patiently waiting to hit the slopes. They didn't even take lessons this year. They just wanted to give it a go on their own! :o) And they are really pretty good. |
 |
| First few moments out for Ella! I think she did great for her very first time, and by the end of the day, she was having a blast and not wanting to quit... but her legs were DONE! |
I love this! Her instructor would just run her back up to the top of the mini practice hill and get her set up... over and over again! So fun! And he was fabulous with her! {And you've no doubt noticed that there is no sound... sad, but true. My mom's camera doesn't record sound. Boo. But at least she was willing to let us borrow it for the trip. Otherwise, we would have no visual documentation of it... only in our minds!}
 |
| Whew! This is hard work! |
 |
| A beautiful day! Damian and Braeden... and notice how many people are on the slope below??? |
 |
| We all went down the bunny hill with Ella a couple of times after lunch! Lexi on the left, Ella and her instructor, and Damian on the right. |
 |
| Lexi doesn't like to wait for anyone... so there she is... on the lift alone, with Damian and Braeden behind her, leaving me on the hill with Ella! |
 |
| This is a super crappy picture. It's just a blur, but it's worth documenting! Gma Pam came up and hung out at the bottom of the slope for a while just to watch the kids come down and show off their skills! {Plus... she gave them money for Christmas just to help pay for this adventure! Thanks, Mom!!} |
 |
| Damian and Lexi |
 |
| Me and Braeden! {Also... proof that I really am here!} |
 |
| Towards the end of the day we got to pick Ella up and take her out by ourselves! Yay! Here we are on the lift!! |
 |
| All the girls! Me, Lexi, and Ella. |
 |
| Oops. Getting up after a fall is the HARDEST part! For sure! |
 |
| Pizza, pizza... all the way down! But she's on her own! Yay! |
 |
| And then for the last couple of runs, I let her go FAST between my legs on the steep part at the bottom! She thought it was great, but her little legs were just shaking by the time we went in. It really is a serious workout... especially when you don't do this very often! |
 |
| Rosy cheeks and a happy smile! Lexi |
 |
| Rosy cheeks and a forced smile! Haha! Ella |
 |
| Whoa... hair! Braeden! Hat hair is sometimes worse than bedhead! ;o) |
 |
| Ella now has the camera... we'll just leave it at that! |
 |
| Gma Pam |
 |
| Hmmm?? |
 |
| Just checking to make sure it works... Ella... still snapping away! Thank goodness for digital!!!! |
Here is our second day. Just tubing today... and without Damian. :o( He had to go get a real cast and it wouldn't fit in his coat so he didn't even try to come up. Boo.
 |
| Notice the hat change? Today they are wearing the hats that Colleen made for them for Christmas!! |
 |
| Ella! She was still too small to ride on her belly, so she got to ride inside the tube every time! Yay! |
 |
| After the other two saw that, they wanted to ride inside, too and be spun by the guys at the top! They had a blast... spinning and sliding down the hill. That would be puke-city for me. ;o) |
 |
| My favorite part about this is that you don't have to HIKE back up to the top! Just get hooked onto the cable and you're dragged back up! Oh, how slothful we have become... but it's oh, so worth it! Ella at the top, then Lexi, then Braeden, and then me! |
 |
| Lexi and I getting off the runway... and heading for another turn! |
 |
| Ella and Braeden |
 |
| Wahoooooooo! Braeden and Lexi |
{Well... there are a couple more videos that are fun, but... I can't get them to upload. So... enjoy what there is, I guess! ;o)}
 |
| Gma Pam and Lexi! |
 |
| Hmmm... I guess it's about time to go! |
 |
| Classic Braeden. |
 |
| Really? How far in can he get?? |
 |
| Love it! They had smiles on their faces the WHOLE TIME! No whining included this day! Yay! |
|
 |
| Lexi, Braeden {still with hit bum up... ??}, and Ella! |
 |
| I really do so love this picture! I love that she's happy and smiling and that we all had a great time together! |
 |
| Ella really does fit all the way in the tube! |
And another day we hit one of my favorite spots... EVERY TIME!! Hermies! With a bunch of Damian's family!
 |
| Around the table clockwise: Michael, who is Eric's friend, Eric, Ella, Gma Linda, Lexi, me, Great Gma Liebhardt, Damian, and Braeden |
 |
| Gma and her girls! |
 |
| Damian and Gma Liebhardt... notice his cast in the background?? Also notice what he looks like every time he has time off of work?? SCRUFFY!! |
 |
| Nice cast. :'o( Poor guy... but at least it was his right wrist... leaving his writing hand free to go back to work! |
 |
| Going straight into the EVIDENCE folder. Eric |
 |
| Yep... already FILED! Also... Eric. |
We spent the week relaxing and having fun! I didn't even bother to get homework packets from school for them. We learn other kinds of things while on vacation and if I'm on vacation, I'm NOT doing homework. Not in elementary school. Not happening! And there you go!
Thanks to our family who is always willing to host us, feed us, and play with us! We love you!
6 comments:
I think I will ask Santa for a camera with sound this year! Anyway, the pictures are great and is a good way to document your winter vacation. Boy, what I wouldn't do for some of that snow now! Love, gma Pam
This is quite the post! Impressed with all that you remember from eight months ago :) You know I always have to give you a hard time about your blog-catch-up... Sometime I hope you catch up the recent months, instead of the year before. JOKING!! Just wanted to leave a comment, because YOU LOVE THEM!! :) Darn cute kids by the way!
Comment! Comment! Comment!
You love comments, right? I love them, too, just FYI. Did you read about my epic ski trip last year? Next time you guys come up, I'll have to join you all so your kids can see what awesome, reckless things they can do :)
I'm really not that reckless. I just go really fast.
Whoa! I loved the video of the entire ride down the mountain, practically. Your kids ski very fast! And the no sound just makes it all seem just like old fashioned home movies from the olden days. Haven't we subjected you to mine? (Home movies from when I was young) FYI-commenting isn't as easy as it used to be. I like comments, too. ;-)
That is such a fun tradition! I am impressed how well Ella did!
Linda, I think I have seen a few snippets of home video from your younger years. Didn't Donna burn a bunch of that stuff onto a DVD and bring it to share at an AGW?? That would be the only time I've seen them... and we have some from when I was little, too, but I think my mom would have to break out the movie screen, the reel, and the projector. Haha! We should try that next time I'm home!
Post a Comment