Saturday, March 17, 2012

So...

I'm going to have to start from now and work backwards.  I've been sooooooo negligent to my blog, and ultimately to my journal.  I hope my kids have a better memory than I do, because there just is no guarantee that I will ever get this in order and up to date, and keep it that way always.  But I have found new motivation to do so.  A friend of mine shared something at church a couple of weeks ago about her nephew who has a terminal illness.  The Make-A-Wish Foundation granted him a wish, and without much time or thought at all, he was insistent on meeting President Monson!  Isn't that wonderful??  He's so young, and he could have gone anywhere, done anything, and he decided to meet our Heavenly Father's living prophet!!  When the time came and they sat in his office for several hours, just chatting and getting to know each other, President Monson said that there are 2 things each person really should do to fully live the gospel, and one of those two things was to...
...ready for it??
KEEP A JOURNAL!!!!!
And there I was listening to her, thinking... GREAT... just great.  I'm so crappy at doing that.  I just can't keep up anymore with all that's going on, BUT... I have changed my thinking a little and decided that maybe I really can't, but I am going to TRY HARDER!!!
With that said... here we go!!
Today {Friday, March 16th} Lexi and Braeden headed off to school donning their St. Patrick's Day shirts, since Lucky, the leprechaun who makes an annual visit to their elementary school, would be visiting today!!  Lexi wouldn't be able to enjoy that since she was headed off on a field trip to the Santa Rosa Plateau for the entire school day!  We went there last year with our neighbors, and the kids really loved it!
Braeden headed out the door with this morning's project... his leprechaun trap!  It was part of his homework, and there is nothing like procrastinating it until the MORNING OF the due date.  Of all the things they are required to do in school and for homework, the one I DESPISE the very most is the dumb leprechaun trap.  Every first grader has to do one.  And I just loathe it.  It's such a parent project.  None of them can do it by themselves... and I mean NONE.  Ours wasn't fancy or complicated or anything, yet he still required a lot of my help.  GRRRR...  I really hope he catches Lucky.  I'll invest in someone to do homework and housework with the gold I swindle him out of.  Oh... and an in-house cook!


I'm guessing that you have figured this out, but just in case...  we cut a hole in the box just before the pile of gold.  Lucky will fall through in his haste to grab the gold!  It is covered a bit with the crinkled paper, but not as well as it should be because we did it... yes, this MORNING before school.

I have to say that it's a darn good thing he's cute... or I might be more tempted to just let him fail the project.
Ok... now that that's out of my system, we can move on to better things!
Braeden has started baseball, and we are still waiting to hear about Lexi and soccer.  They are struggling to get enough coaches for her age division, so they have held off on assigning teams yet, hoping that people will step up and do it.  I know what you're thinking.  But I'm NOT...  I PROMISE!!  Even I know that it's practically impossible for me to take it on!  I just hope that someone else will do it and that she makes it on a team.
Braeden plays for the White Sox this season, and is having a hard time adjusting to the machine pitch.  He does great at practice, but chokes when he gets to the games.  He is so nervous.  I don't know why, though, he's never been so anxious before.  He is the 2nd youngest on the team, and he is always comparing himself to the two oldest... who are pushing 9 this year, and also play travel ball.  They are really good, but if he'd just relax, he would be just as good.  He struck out 4 times in the last game, and just totally lost it.  Poor little guy.  It hurts me to see him sad and down on himself.  He went to the back of the dugout to say a quick prayer, but what he doesn't realize is that he needs to exercise his faith and try his BEST.  He wants the quick fix, and he thinks sometimes that Heavenly Father will work a magic trick for him, but I've told him that even though He is VERY CAPABLE of working magic if He wanted to, that's just not how it works.  We have to try.  We have to believe.  We have to have faith.  Now, I know that is prayers may not help him hit a grand slam and fix all his problems, but the prayers can help give him comfort and help him relax if he will exercise his faith.  Let's just hope that if the game doesn't get rained out tomorrow that he will remember the things we've talked about and the practices he's had, and RELAX!!!  {I should note here that he got a game ball the game before... so it's not totally in the toilet!!}
Damian and I stayed after the last game with him and let him hit balls with us pitching for over an hour.  The girls were so great about it.  They didn't ask if it was "time to go" once.  They were really supportive.  For once!  ;o)  
Our biggest thing is that we do want him to play the game right, and we want him to be confident, but we mostly just love to watch him play when he is HAPPY and SMILING because it's just infectious!

Breaden and Coach Alanso.  He's great and so encouraging!




I love him as catcher.  He has such great form!
Team cheer!  I love that #7 has his arm around his little brother!!  Their dad is  the manager of the team, and is in the back huddled down with them for the cheer!
And below is typical of what you will find the girls doing during the games!  Thank goodness for friends and some fun!!  :o)
Ella hangs out with all her little friends!  So fun!  She is the only one not looking this way!  Ha!  There are at least 4 other little girls that run around in the group!  It's GREAT!  We have such a great team, with such great parents and coaches!  It's been a wonderful experience so far, and I only foresee it getting better!  Yay!

She has since been told that she really can't do this.  Her fingers might get squashed by a foul ball!  But I couldn't resist the photo op!
Tonight Ella is supposed to have a "late night" with Ashlyn, since we don't allow sleepovers!  We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background