Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A December to Remember {Part II}

Our ward Primary was in charge of the Christmas party/breakfast with Santa activity... but we had just gotten an entire new presidency, and they knew nothing about it.  All buildings were scheduled for any imaginable day that would work, so we met Santa at the park, had hot chocolate and doughnuts, and it was perfect!!  We even had the opportunity to have family here visiting us for the Sorensen Christmas Get-Together at Suzy's!  Yay!  So early Saturday morning on December 17th, we headed out to find Santa!  And then later that afternoon we headed over to Kirk & Suzy's for the party!  And on our way home, we stopped by the BEST Christmas light street ever!  Such a fun place!  It's called Bainbridge Cr. and the guy who started it all used to work for Disney... It's amazing, and totally nuts!  You can watch here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6H4_X2R9TM
The perfect Saturday morning for a visit with Santa!
"Here comes Santa Claus..."
Ho-ho-ho!  How old are you this year, Ella!??!
Hmmm... so enthused!
Facing the wrong way for a good picture!
I want.... and... and...!!
And we took Caroline with us so she could get her Christmas wish list in to the big man!
Carter and Braeden... such funny little boys.  They are great friends, but soooo mischievous together.
Hahaha!  This made me laugh.  Even Bishop Jacobsen had a moment with Santa!
My favorite picture of the day!
Wow!  This is something serious for Ella... especially when she is so afraid of strangers!  Yay!
This is our "spider" swing!


 Now... at the get-together!!
Lexi, Avery, and ??  on the trampoline!
Braeden and Devin torturing Ella in the playhouse.  Kirk on the left and the Ken & Randy in the back.
Gma Linda, Ken, and Aunt Tuny
Our chocolate fountain was the hit of the night!  J/K... it was all wonderful, thanks largely to our hostess and her mom, Suzy and Aunt Tuny!
GUILTY pleasures!
And it gets EVERYWHERE!
Gpa playing cards with his kids!  Damian, Gpa, Ella with a soda in hand, Gail with Jonathan on her lap, and Eric's head!
Eric and Ella were trading hair accessories... Lovely!!
I'm not so sure that having the loudest little girl ever on you lap while playing a game of cards is in your best interests of actually winning!  ;o)

The whole group... with a photoshopped Braeden.  :)  He was off playing and somehow didn't notice that there was NO ONE else around...??  {And truth be told... I can't name all the people in this, so... maybe I shouldn't try, but I'll name who I do know and you can see if you can find them in the picture... a fun game!!!  Caroline, Justin, Jean, Maureen, Christie, Ken, Randy, Brenda, Eric, Linda, Braeden, Berenice, Mike, Lexi, Ella, Devin, Gary, Kirk, Ken (yes, there are two), Tandy, Gail, Jonathan, Damian, Avery, and... I think that may be all I know...  Good luck!!}

We said goodbye to most of our company after just a short visit on Sunday after dinner, but Eric graciously stayed with me until Monday, when I headed home to Utah, too!  The kids started their Christmas Break, and because I knew we would need a little break for our 3 WEEK break, we thought it would be fun to visit the SNOW!!
I can't believe it took until Eric suggested reading Harry Potter to get Lexi to give in.  I had been trying for quite a while to get her to start with me, but she just didn't want to.  Eric read for about 4 of the hours on the trip home.  Amazing... and the first book is STILL the only one I've finished.  Lexi is now almost finished with the LAST one.  Crazy girl!  All in about 3 months time... while still reading other stuff.  She's a super reader... and not that Braeden isn't, but really... all 7 books in that short a time???  For an 8 yr. old???  Well, I'm amazed!
And... those pictures will come on the next post!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

you skipped jilland some others

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background