Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break with Some SNOW!


Just before we went to Utah for a short weekend trip, Lexi had an American music program at school. All the first graders performed all the songs that they had learned. They had a slideshow for one, and did sign language for another... and had choreography mixed in with some of the songs! Very cute... except that Lexi doesn't like having ANY eyes on her, and so she doesn't participate like she knows how. Urrhh!

Can you see her?? Pointing to Ella?
Looks THRILLED, doesn't she??
Better!
And this was sadly COMMON for this day. She claims that she had an itch on her nose... but... I don't know. Stinker!
Some of the songs were funny, and some were very touching! Thanks to all who put it together. It was, overall, a great performance!
_________________________________________

And then we headed out for Utah. I hadn't checked my e-mail that day... where my mom had told me that it was SNOWING on and off during the day... so I only packed jackets for us. (Instead of our winter coats!) It was 30 degrees when we got there in the middle of the night... and by the time we woke up in the morning, sure enough, there was snow covering the cars! SIGH! I had to get myself up and head to town early to get my hair touched up.
Ella is "HELPING" Gma Pam twist some breadsticks for dinner!
Hmmm...
I don't think that MASHING them is how you're really supposed to do it!
Press a little harder!
And the reason we went... Damian's brother is the Consul (president) of Sigma Chi (a fraternity), and Damian had once been the consul. And this was the weekend for their White Rose Formal... so we decided to go before Nick graduates and the two Consul brothers might never make it to an event together again... (I don't know... really). But we went. We hadn't been to a formal for 8 years, and I have to admit that I was disappointed that there was no DJ, no dance... nothing after the dinner and awards ceremony. Plus... it was in a casino in Mesquite. Very classy, guys... or not! But we got dressed up anyway, and went. I bought a dress that wasn't an actual long formal, but it worked.
And I had Gail make me a hair flower really quick earlier that day. (Thanks again, Gail!)

Nice... this is what you get when you're trying to decide where to take the picture and if the lighting is okay... lovely!
And you can't tell, but there is some ruffle at the top, plus a little tie around the waist. Otherwise plain! AND... I FINALLY got to actually SEE Damian in this suit. I bought it for him to interview for residencies... way back when... and hadn't EVER even seen him in it until this night.
The shoes... (and I even painted my nails!) ;)
You can't see them really well, but yes... there were umbrellas on the table for centerpieces. I didn't even know what to say. Nick assured us that the decor would probably be good because of the person who was in charge, but... to say it mildly... I was a little scared.
This is Timian (an Alpha Phi... like me!), Nick, Damian, and me!
Nick and Damian... the funny face, can't be serious or just happy for a picture totally runs in the family. Can you see it?
______________________________________________
Lexi got to spend the night at Gma Linda's with Caroline... and I don't yet have any pix of that, but I know they took Aunt Gail's camera outside looking for signs of Spring and ended up with pictures of each other hugging trees!
And Sunday we went to Damian's parents' for dinner. It was delish!!
And Monday before we left, I got to get lunch with my childhood friend, Paige!!! And the kids and Gma Pam and Damian went over to the park for some fun! Chilly fun, but fun, nonetheless!

You have to click on these and blow them up to really appreciate the joy that this toy brings to a child's face! It's one of the funnest pieces of playground equipment ever made!

Whoa! These are tall slides! It's a long waaaaayyyyyy down, Ella!

Ready, set... GO!
Gma and Ella swinging like a spider!
Hang on TIGHT!!!


The other two rode their bikes, too, but they left Ella in the dust! She LOVES riding the tricycle... in Utah, and here, too! I can't believe how much faster she has learned to do things like this, and the scooter, and soccer... etc. than Lexi did. Is is just that she has to learn faster to keep up with the other two??? I wonder.
Paige and I got YUMMY food from the Pizza Factory! And we had a good time talking. It always seems like there's never ENOUGH time to get totally caught up. I could talk... and talk... and talk to her for hours. There aren't very many that I can say that about. (And I'm not sure if that's a good thing for her or not... but it is for me!)
I'm so glad I can go home and still find friends there, too... and especially those who have been my friends since... we were born!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella learned faster because she had 2 teachers - Alexa and Braeden!
They do have fun at the park!

Love, Grm.Pam

Anonymous said...

Ella learned faster because she had 2 older siblings. They really do like to go the park and ride the bikes.

Love, Grm.Pam

Donna said...

looks like a VERY fun time was had by all, I liked the pictures from the ball... but I have to agree - the deco was odd for a "formal" AND no dancing at a Casino? Hello - who planned this, yeah, a MAN. Duh! LOL

M.S. said...

We miss the formal due to Region Drama.... some day we will go again. You two look great!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the Giant Stride! That thing and the very tall slide were new at Kanarra elememtary when I was in about 2nd or 3rd grade (I think) making them quite old. By todays standards they would be considered very unsafe and banned from the playground. A boy (Donnie Livermore) fell off the very top of that slide one day during recess, didn't move, thought he was dead, just had the wind knocked out of him, then he got up and went back to playing. The little black dress and red shoes are very very cute. Thanks again for sharing Easter with us.
Love Aunt Colleen

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background