So... the point of this... now I'm motivated again to figure it all out, and you will be seeing those pictures SOON! (Not only those, but also other fun stuff... like BASEBALL!!! Yes, the season has started. Braeden is playing in the Shetland Division this year and is a proud Padre!!! They've already had one game, where everyone wins, and it was so fun to watch. He is one of the youngest players on the team, and so it's also fun to watch the others that have been playing for more than a year longer... some 2... than Braeden. They are really good! It's scary!)
Anyway, I thought I would not just waste this post explaining myself. So I've added some of the funnies!! Yay for them! It keeps me smiling at the end of the day when it's been a hard one and no one seems to be cooperating with me and doing the things I ask them to do. These help remind me that they are, indeed, just KIDS!!
Hope you enjoy! (Also... please keep in mind that some of these are several months old, and that Ella has come a LOOOONNNGG way with her speech!)
"Momo-psychos" - Ella
Translation: Motorcycles! This just made us giggle! She's changed it now to just "psychos"!
While I was quickly showering after yard work one day, Lexi came in the bathroom and said:
"MOM!!! Ella smells like a pooping rhinoceros!!!"
"Okay... ??", I say.
"Aren't you going to take care of it???", she says, as though I'm supposed to jump right out of the shower with shampoo in my hair to take care of her olfactory sense problem. Sheesh! Kids are so demanding these days!
(Special note here: You may not believe this... and it's only happened once, but for a good deed one day Lexi decided to help me get Ella ready for bed. And she did! Which means that she also CHANGED HER DIAPER!!!!!!! True! And it wasn't half bad, either! She even had her go to the potty, put a onsie on her, and then her pretty pink nightgown and cover! BUT... like I said... it's only happened once! I'm not holding my breath for it to happen again!)
"Mom, Look! Your arms are like jiggling jelly!" - Braeden
Hmmm.... thanks a bunch, Braeden! And this happened at church... where I fit in nicely with my Relief Society wave! ;)
"Woolly cow!" - Ella
Translation: Holy cow! But a woolly cow would be pretty interesting to see!
"Eeww dose!" - Ella
Translation: Eew, Gross! Thanks to the help of Lexi and Braeden here... NOT! It's usually referring to something I've fixed for them to eat.
"It's NOT FAIR!!!!" - Lexi
Translation: Typical 6 yr. old mentality. Everything should be my way, on my time frame, and if it's not... It's NOT FAIR!
"Hum - eew." - Ella
Translation: Come here!
"You can't beat a dead horse, but you can beat WITH one!" - Nick
Translation: He was talking to Braeden about something, and Braeden had Ella's stick horse in his hand, ready to strike.
"Weekups" - Ella
Translation: Makeup. Something she loves very much. And oh, she looks so pretty after it's all applied. Ha! ;)
When we had family here when Damian came home, Braeden was sharing the futon bed with Nick so that Gma Liebhardt could have a bed and some privacy. So, Braeden gets up one morning and says:
"Do you like to snuggle with boys or girls??"
Huh??
And Nick later commented on his feelings about having a sleepover with Braeden:
"Braeden is like a bead of water on a Teflon pan when he's asleep with someone else in the bed!"
It's true... he's a super snuggler! He always finds a way to scootch closer, even if that means you only have 2 inches of the bed.
"Mom, is Chili's called Warmies when it's warm outside??" - Braeden
Translation: We went to Chili's one chilly evening... so we had to explain the difference between chilly and chili! Ha!
"I'm NOT your BONE!!" - Alexa
Translation: Braeden was being his usual obnoxious self and trying to lick her. Ick!
"Missmas" - Ella
Translation: Christmas
"Dog on" - Ella
Translation: All gone!
"I wish I was Superman, so I could fly... and NOT FALL with style!" - Braeden
Translation: 2 movies here... Superman... and Toy Story. Plus that day he had fallen down the stairs because he was going to fast... and I told him to stop flying that fast... I didn't mean it literally, but...
"SHUSHHHH!!!!!" - Ella
"She sounds just like Mom!" - Braeden
Hmmm... that's just wonderful! I love that the SHUSHHHHH is WHEN they start listening. Argh!
Damian and I were talking about anemia one evening at the dinner table.
"Who's Anemia?" - Alexa
"Not who, Lexi, it's what. Anemia is when your body doesn't have enough iron in it." - Me
"IRON????? WHO would want an IRON in their body?????" - Alexa
Hope this made you smile a little today! I had to laugh a little... just sitting here typing them and remembering when they happened! I should really be better about writing more of them down. But... some is better than none!
3 comments:
These are priceless. Hilarious!!! We miss you guys.
Not just smile, but laugh out loud!
Aunt Colleen
I love these. I'm glad you're back to posting.
Post a Comment