We're so happy that Spring is finally here! I have to say that it's been chillier until just the last week or so than it was last year! So we're happy to be able to play outside on the weekends again! For a while we were cooped up because of the rain... and it seemed to some harder on the weekends! Well, we love the rain, but it was getting a little old. We're just happy to see the sun again!
Here's the finished product, but I'm sad to say that she didn't catch Lucky (the leprechaun that visits her school every year and turns the place upside down)! He left her a note and took some of the gold!
I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the trap before we taped it up, though. She put in some fabric for the carpet, a couch, and some cookies that she and Damian made to keep him happy and comfortable... JUST IN CASE!! Silly!
I should note here that Damian worked very hard to help her. They made cookies together... without my help at all, got the box ready to be painted, and he built the ladder and the signs.
I added some paint, glitter, the grass, and the rainbow idea! But overall... it was, indeed, Lexi's project! And a good one it turned out to be!
The idea was that if he followed the gold coin path, he wouldn't make it to the pot of gold, because he would fall through the trap... that was very well hidden by the easter grass and leaves from the palm bushes in our backyard!

Ella followed suit and was taking pictures with me!
With her Ariel camera! :)
2 comments:
Way to go Lexi and Daddy. I can't believe that you didn't catch a Leprechaun in that amazing trap. I love you all.
Love, Grandma Pam
The trap is so cool. I don't remember doing stuff like that in school. Way to go Lexi! I love the blossoms - it makes me want the sun to come back. We are having a typical Utah spring -sun today and rain tomorrow!
Post a Comment