These are just random pictures that he sends me one at a time! He didn't even know this was being taken... or so he says!And the following is his description that was sent along with the pic:
This is a pic of what they call ‘jingo trucks’, or maybe it’s jingle trucks. not sure. it’s the Afghanistan version of a redneck I suppose. all the truck drivers trick out their ghetto trucks and some of them are pretty hilarious.
He built benches, tables, shelves... etc.! And all without a tape measure, a square, or an electric saw.
He was able to give this little boy a stuffed animal. He had somehow cut off the end of his toe... but no one would say how! Lovely.
Here it is, people! He built these "poopers" as he calls them, also without anything civilized... like tape measures, saws, squares, etc. you get the idea! Good thing he did a lot of work with his dad for many years, huh!??
And a look at the finished product! If you look really hard, you'll notice that every stall has its own door with a latch on it. He said that he was sure to be the "first to christen the poopers", and that he made someone sand around the holes so none of them would get splinters. Nice.
This is a pic of what they call ‘jingo trucks’, or maybe it’s jingle trucks. not sure. it’s the Afghanistan version of a redneck I suppose. all the truck drivers trick out their ghetto trucks and some of them are pretty hilarious.
Also... he said that they got done just in time because his CO came and had the runs while he was there. I'm sure he was grateful to Damian for his craftsmanship, as he was able to have some privacy!
This is how the brick oven looks when in use! Pretty impressive, huh!?? Here he is roasting/warming tortillas.
They mixed chicken with peppers and onions, and other stuff. Then beans with salsa, and to the far right is the rice. Mmmm....
And he also makes pizzas! With all sorts of things on them! He also made a dessert pizza, and said that both were pretty good!
I told him that he HAS to help me with the food stuff when he gets home. I always struggle with dinner plans... and I've ALWAYS hated it when he says that he wants... "WHATEVER you want to fix, babe!" No more, I tell you! I can see that he has this figured out enough to at least contribute some ideas for meals... right????!!!
Some good news is that by the end of the weekend he should be moving back to Leatherneck to start all the end of deployment exams, paperwork, etc. Yay! We're definitely winding down! Thank goodness! We miss him so!
6 comments:
Where does he get the lumbar? He still looks way good.
Love, Mom
Lumber is left overs... I think that's what he told me! But I can't remember from what... I just know he puts it to good use! :)
HOLY COW!They will be sad when he leaves, I'm sure! Everyone needs a "pooper"! He is so talented! Is there a set date for arrival home?
I'm surprised it took him this long to create a civilized pooping arrangement. Too bad he has to leave them...but then again, is it really too bad when it's that much closer to him coming home! He looks great!
Nice poopers! I can't believe no one thought to build those before. I could've gone without knowing about the CO's runs though...tee hee hee. The CO is indebted to Damian for sure!
When does he get to come home and how long has he been gone?
Post a Comment