So... as I was looking for something that I had misplaced, I ran across all of the funny things my kids have said that I have written down and shoved in the corner... for like the last year! I know this is NOT all of them, but I just sat here and giggled to myself for a while! It was just what I needed! They really do make me laugh, smile, and appreciate life for what it meant to be! I do have hard times... especially with Lexi's attitude, and Braeden's ginormous amount of energy, and Ella's grumpy-clingy thing, but man... I LOVE THESE KIDS of ours! They really are so funny! We never go a day without entertainment, that's for sure!
Hope you enjoy... it's been a LONG time coming!
"I need a clippy for my nose!" - Alexa
She did NOT like the smell of stinky burnt toast!
"I'm too busy workin' my way up this hill, Mom!" - Braeden
This is what he said when I asked him to turn and smile for the camera at Kolob!
"High-koties" - Braeden
Translation: Coyotes
"My turkey looks like a feathered walrus!" - Alexa
This is about her turkey art project... the turkey got a little chubby when she just couldn't put the paint brush down... and just kept painting... and painting... and painting!
"A-day" - Ella
Translation: Okay
"Lopping" - Ella
Translation: GOLDFISH... ????
"Mom, can I help you CHUCK the corn and get the HAIRY stuff off?" - Braeden
Translation: SHUCK the corn and get the CORN SILK off! ;)
"Yoyyie" - Ella
Translation: Lolly (aka. suckers, lolly pops... )
"NO WAY!!!!" - Ella
Well... you know what this means! And we can thank Vinny for this one! He's always saying this... and she picked up on it really fast! She was yelling it all over Super Target one night when Vicky and I went shopping together with all the kids! Lovely!
"Ha-man" - Ella
Translation: Spiderman
"Yap, Mommy, YAP!" - Ella
Translation: I WANT TO SIT ON YOUR LAP NOW, Mommy!
The Green Underwear Theory - Alexa
After losing several soccer games, Lexi realized that each time she had worn green underwear. She loves those green panties, but she came to me and told me her theory. I laughed, of course, but told her that I would remind her NOT to wear her favorite underwear the night before a game the next time. So I did. And guess what? It's true! They won!!! Twice in a row... without green underwear! And then she slipped, and I wasn't paying attention... she wore green... and guess what?? They LOST! So for the last game... she wore blue, and they WON!!!!! The record holds true, despite the fact that green is supposed to be lucky!
Laugh all you want... but whatever works... we'll take a win without green underwear any day over the alternative!
The White Knight - Damian's Ford Taurus
We named it while he was gone... and it just stuck. It's true to its name, too because it really is rescuing someone in distress. We have a friend that needed a car for a little while, and I really needed someone to drive it so that it didn't totally DIE... I wasn't driving it enough to keep the battery charged.
"If I were a Tic Tac I'd have to eat myself... Even my TEETH!" - Braeden
He really likes Tic Tacs, I guess! :)
"Mommy, come here FAST!!!!! " (What is it??) "Um, there's a fly and we're watching it fly and we think it's BLIND because it's running into stuff!!" - Lexi
The fly was running into the mirror in the bathroom
"Braeden, NO MORE poop talk." - Damian
"It's not poop talk, it's poop SING!!" - Braeden
"I'm HUNGRY! Can we eat something in the car??" - Lexi
This would not normally be something to write down, BUT it happened not more than 20 secs. AFTER ALL the food was cleaned up and put away, and we were headed out the door. SERIOUSLY?????
"Gross, Braeden! Are you eating dirt????" - Mommy
"NO!! I was spitting it OUT!" - Braeden
"Ah-oh a-yay-oh!" - Ella
Translation: Uh-oh! Spaghetti-o's
"CHEEEEEE!" - Ella
Translation: Cheese! For Pictures only!
"I just pushed on Braeden's tummy! He's like a squeak toy, only he FARTS!" - Alexa
"My mom took my toys away, and I prayed, but she STILL won't give them back! :(" - Braeden
"You MUST pay the PENDLETON!!" - Braeden
Translation: You must pay the PENALTY! He had been hanging around his Daddy too long... and somehow must have known that Pendleton is indeed a penalty! Ha! J/K
"Wook!!" - Ella
Translation: Look!
"Sha-shoo??" - Ella
Translation: Where are you??
"Oh... sigh... everything's made in China!" - Alexa
"I wish I could read Japanese!" - Tiffy
This after being told about the gift box she was looking at that had writing on the inside came from HONG KONG... get it??
"Lexi, come and find me!! I'm somewhere on your bed... doing something FUNNY!!" - Braeden
Really? Find him?
"Look, Mom! I'm roasting your shoes!" - Lexi
She had put my shoes on the end of the drumsticks... from Braeden's drum set!
"Yackies - Ella
Translation: LEXI... unlike Braeden calling her YETI... it get's better! It sometime sounds like Yuckies... ;) Poor Lexi!
"Planter facer" - Braeden
Translation: Face Plant
"Oppidunity" - Braeden
Translation: Opportunity
"Oh, MOM!! Dad's going to KILL you!" - Alexa
This is what she said when I thought I had lost my wedding ring at Colleen's. I had taken it off to put lotion on a child, and guess where it turned up???????? IN HER POCKET!!!!! NICE!!
"Please, please, please, please, please with sugar on top... and a cherry... and... um... BUTTER???? PLEASE!!!!?????" - Braeden
Butter... ick... the answer is STILL no!
"Braeden do you remember what I asked you to do when you go in the bathroom??" - Mommy
"Yes, but just leave it open... I REALLY need som air in here!" - Braeden
Take a wild guess at what he was doing! ;)
"Mommy, can we go to the North Pole someday?" - Lexi
"No! It's WAY too cold there!" - Mommy
"Well, I'll bring my jacket... pause... and my Christmas coat, and a long sleeve shirt, and 3 pairs of pants!! (pause) Well, maybe only 2 pairs of pants!" - Lexi
"Sure thing, Lexi!" - Mommy
"Braeden please come and eat dinner!" - Mommy
"I already had dinner! It was a good LUNCH!!" - Braeden
Hmmm....
Stay tuned... I know there's more around here somewhere, but not only do I have to find them, but my children need some attention now!
Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did... though probably not... this still serves the journaling purpose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Tandy
- Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!
3 comments:
You are so right, we all need a good laugh. We love the kids and all the funny things they say and do.
Aunt Colleen
Yes, I laughed until I cried. At work. Not too professional in a public work area like mine. But I shared them with my student worker, and she got a chuckle, too.
Oh Goodness! I have never even met your children and I was laughing out loud in my office with tears in my eyes over some of these. WAY TOO FUNNY. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment