Tuesday, March 3, 2009

As the Days Go By...

So... last week I joined a group of gals that are moms of kids in Lexi's school class to walk 3 times a week! Hmmm... I went last Wednesday, and then today. They go Mon. - Wed. every week right after we drop the kindergarteners off. It's fun to have conversation, and there's a park and a big field there for Braeden to play on while we walk. There's a sidewalk that goes all the way around it, and today Braeden got to play on the playground equipment while we were walking because there were girls there to watch him... (daughters of a couple of the moms... and they are middle-schoolers who have late start days every other Monday...). I don't have any pictures, but I did it... I really did! I need some cardio to get my heart and lungs in shape again, so I'm hoping I'll be able to continue this!
This last weekend we spent getting Damian ready to leave, and playing with our neighbors. Plus Lexi got to go to a birthday party where there was a Mad Scientist... they got to make cotton candy and SLIME!!! Fun stuff! She, however, didn't do what I asked her to (put socks on with her new shoes that are still SLIGHTLY too big for her), so she came home whimpering because she had some nasty blisters on her heels from running around at the party! Not fun!
Our neighbor also had a party on Saturday. An open house to say goodbye to him. He will be deploying to Iraq in a couple of weeks, so we had a good time playing outside with everyone at the end of the culdesac! Oh, how I LOVE where we live. Though this isn't my dream home... as far as the construction and the layout, I just LOVE it here in this neighborhood!
So... wish me luck in my new walking adventure! I've missed walking with Colleen since we quit that in Chino Hills! Strong legs and lungs... here I come!! Yay!

3 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

Good for you! I used to have a walking buddy, but schedules changed and we havn't kept it up. I need to start again before it gets to HOT! I'm glad you're doing well!

Julie Lovell said...

Hey Tandy! You have the cutest family ever. Glad you found me on facebook.

Carolee said...

Walking with people is always so much better:) I really hope we get to see you guys when we come to CA and I can not believe your husband leaves in a few weeks. I will be thinking about you.

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background