Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wow! Words Escape Me!!

Well... for those that don't already know... and for those that even still check this pathetic site ;o), we have GIANT news!  We were hoping and praying to avoid such news, but...
WE ARE MOVING TO GUAM this summer!  
Can you even believe it???  I'm so overwhelmed by even the thoughts of it that I have no words to express how scared I am about getting everything in order in the next few months before we need to leave.  SPEECHLESS!
The Lord's hand has definitely been at work in this decision, and I know that.  I'm just a small-town, deep-roots sort of girl, so this is a hard one for me to swallow.
So... there you have it!  And on that note... I'll probably go back to my inactivity on this blog!  {Just trying to be honest with you... and ME!}

In other news:
Ella has her first loose tooth!
Braeden has already started baseball and has had some great games so far in his second season as a White Sox player!  {Hasn't struck out once... hit the fence 7 times... we're just waiting for that one that goes over the fence this year!  He's now the big fish in the little pond, THOUGH he still has room to grow and still makes errors and is very young in the concept of "watching" the whole game as it unfolds in front of him...  But he's an awesome player!}  He's also still practicing and playing with his travel team.  :o)
Lexi and Ella will start soccer practices sometime next week, and they are looking forward to that!
I just picked up my team to coach again... only Ella's team this season.  :o)  And I have a co-coach already so that helps take a little of the pressure off!  {Really just meaning that I don't have to come up with the silly games every week... just every other, hopefully!  There is NO PRESSURE to win the games.  They're 5!}  I love it, even on the days where I really do feel like I'm herding cats!
Lexi has met and surpassed her 4th grade reading goal.  They do "March to a Million" in their school... meaning... try to read a million words by the end of the school year.  Well... she's at 2.4-ish million already and still has... how long??  Yep.  She's an amazing reader.  And she comprehends it all, too.  And she's FAST.  {That may be the only thing she is fast at when it comes to doing homework!}
Braeden is also excelling in all areas at school, but recess is still his favorite, and it can make or break the entire day!
Ella... well, she's an awesome student, too.  She's already an amazing reader, too.  I'm so lucky to have all 3 kids reading way past their grade levels.  There aren't many words she can't figure out anymore!  She loves and thrives at her preschool with the other 5 children there.  They have a truly FABULOUS teacher... {and yes, she's my friend!}
Lexi is in Vintage Voices again... the chorus at school.  They go at least once a week at 8 am to rehearse, and she loves it.  She won't try out for a solo part, but she does sing and has a good little voice.  {It's not so little at home, but... same as we all are.  We can do things at home where we're totally safe that we just can't bring ourselves to do in front of others!}
I am helping with said chorus, too, so I get to have fun with those wacky 4th and 5th graders who are there!  {And... same friend that teaches Ella's preschool class is also doing this!  She is more amazing than you can even imagine!}
I am still teaching piano, though, this is just one of the activities that I WON'T be doing in Guam.  There is some relief in that knowledge.  I do have to find a piano or full length keyboard for over there, however, so that my kiddos can still have lessons and music in their lives.  I just won't be teaching anyone else!  And no one else will be getting my time when my kids need it the most!
Braeden is a Cub Scout... has been for a couple of months, and has his first Blue and Gold Dinner tomorrow!  He's already having so much fun he wishes he could go more than once a week!  {And one of my other amazing friends is his leader!  LOVE MY FRIENDS and all their talents and effort!}
Damian... is working... and working... and working.  And doing research... and working.  Another area where we are actually looking forward to our time in Guam.  He will most likely be working a little less!!  "Most likely!"  You know already by our past track record how well these things work out for us, but we're still very hopeful!  :o)
Damian is actually fairly excited about our move.  Something I'm still working on.  He's stressed about everything to come, too, but excited for our new adventure!
Lexi, Braeden, and Ella are already talking about catching snakes and wild monkeys.  They think they will be able to keep them as pets if they do, but I've made it as clear as I can that it's the WILDLIFE or ME.  They have to CHOOSE because I can't handle snakes... at all... and monkeys are vicious little creatures!

What else??

Oh, I know... I did find a quote that I have said will be my new motto... {mostly relating to my anxiety of moving to Guam.}
It comes from the March Ensign (but actually from a conference talk this past October.)

"Doesn't it seem foolish to spoil sweet and joyful experiences because we are constantly anticipating the moment when they will end? ... We shouldn't wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available - all the time!  Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect."
Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I'm so guilty of spoiling things with what comes next in mind... or when a bad day will end... or when, if ever, we will get a pay raise, etc.  I'm going to NOT SPOIL my life and let it pass by without living it anymore!  I love my kids, and I don't want to miss out on or forget those small things that make me giggle because I'm anxious about what's next on the never-ending list of things to do, places to be, and on and on...

This is a rare, and probably boring, post for you to see.  No pictures.  Just script.  But it's a start in the right direction again.  I'm very tired these days, and the blog took the first hit.  Then the house... and my car is in serious NEED of some TLC, and the list goes on of things that suffer lack of attention around here... but... another day.  One thing at a time.
Here's to not spoiling the experiences!
Guam... I hope you're ready for the Liebhardt's!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Keep positive and have a great adventure! If you need help packing let me know.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake said...

Wow, what an experience that will be! I can only imagine the anxiety. Wish you guys the best and hope the kids love it as much as Damian probably will.

Unknown said...

Sounds like an exciting adventure! I know you will embrace it and enjoy it! You are so brave! They are lucky to have you!
My sister in laws's husband just came back from Guam, then left for England in his air force services)

Anonymous said...

So, you didn't like my spelling correction.

Donna said...

Never boring. I like the insight into the feelings on the moe and the quote. You can't change it...may as well have fun with it....:). We will come visit ;)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Guam will be ready for the Liebhardt's and the Liebhardt's will be ready for and RELISH Guam when they get there--Monkeys lizards, snakes and all!! Please let me know what you think of the halfway point plan. :-)

Tandy said...

Mom... I didn't mind the spelling correction comment... I just fixed it really quick hoping no one else caught it, too! Sheesh... now everyone knows that my grammar isn't perfect! ;o)

Kaylee said...

I can't believe you are actually going to Guam! I'm sure you guys will have plenty of fun adventures and we'd love to see them all on your blog ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Tandy ! i'm so sad That lexi, Braeden, and Ella and you guys are leaving me .no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tandy said...

Hi everyone! Whoever left the last message... will you just identify yourself?? We'll miss you, too, but I just wanted to know who posted!
Thanks! :o)

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background