...and all through the house,
there was much to be done,
even if you were a mouse!
Yes... this was in 2011! {I don't really want to talk about how far behind I am.}
On Christmas Eve we spent some time here trying to catch up before the BIG DAY! I had laundry to get caught up on from the trip to Utah, but did spend some time with friends, and then headed to Colleen's to see the luminarias. That's their tradition, but we just love to see it. So we packed up their gifts from John and Colleen and Gma Pam for them to open that night. {They usually open Gma Pam's pj gift on Christmas Eve, but since we were going up there, we wanted them to be able to open their gifts from John and Colleen in front of them! It makes it so much more enjoyable.}
So... before we start with that, let me explain the next 4 photos. I had told Lexi and Braeden that I didn't really want "anything" for Christmas, but that the best gift ever would be to have them help me with things. I wanted them to be able to give me something, so I gave them the opportunity to give me the evidence of their good deeds {by taking before and after pictures.} LEXI was the ONLY one who did it. Sometimes she really does amaze me and overwhelm me with love.
So... you can see that I got a made bed and folded laundry for Christmas! Yay! I was so happy!
Then... I'm not sure why Lexi and Alyssa wanted to play Twister, but they did... and they got it out... and got themselves in some pretty harry positions! ;o)
Then we grabbed some dinner on the way to Colleen's and were in for a night of fun and laughter in each others' company!
They had to open their gifts simultaneously! There's a reason!
 |
| And it's BECAUSE... (look at Lexi's face before reading further...) they are all getting the same-ish thing!! |
 |
| Homemade ski caps and pillow pets from Aunt Colleen and Uncle John!! Braeden loves his doggie and his black hat! Perfect for him! |
 |
| And we all know that Ella usually has on PINK everything! |
 |
| She and Auntie Leslie are trying to get the unicorn put together!! |
 |
| And the zebra is perfect for Lexi! |
 |
| And so is this color of hat!! |
 |
| I am honestly not quite sure what is going on here. I think Leslie and Josh are shaking her down to see if she's got anything good in her pockets! ;o) |
 |
| It's now the end of April as I'm getting this ready to post and I'll tell you this: there have been very FEW nights when she hasn't slept either on this or with it. She LOVES it. {And truth be told... I think I want one! They really are sooo soft!} |
 |
| CHEERS with EGGNOG! Braeden just loves the stuff... No one else in our house will drink it so he pretty much only gets it in Chino Hills when John buys it in bulk for him! :) Sam, Amberie, Colleen, and Braeden |
 |
| Braeden... love it! I'll post the first one of these that I have! He's grown SOOO MUCH!!!!! |
 |
| Amazing, right!!?? Oh, I miss those chubby little legs! He's traded them in for muscly ones! |
 |
| Uncle John, his brother, Tom, Braeden, and Sam enjoying the view of the luminaria from across the street! |
 |
| It's on the record! Ella beat Sam... by a few hairs!! |
 |
| Go, go, go... burn off some energy... so we can go to sleep for Santa's visit!!! ;) L to R: Josh, Leslie, Braeden, Lexi, Tom (not racing), Ella, Sam, and Amberie (also not racing!) They raced back and forth across the street MANY times... just for fun! |
 |
| Guiding Santa straight to the front door! |
 |
| The full view! |
 |
| Luminaria with palm trees! The glow really is a wonderful sight to behold! |
 |
| Looks like a normal end table, right? |
 |
| But it has so many more uses than just a lamp holder!! Especially when you're playing Hide n' Seek!! |
 |
| Gma Pam gave them these silly jammies! They each have their names on them... but truth be told, they didn't last long! The names came off a little, and they were a little too small for Lexi and Braeden on the first night, but they wore them for a couple months! :) |
 |
| Awww! I love them! Don't you????? |
 |
| My three little piano playing elves!! |
 |
| Really? Haha! |
Whew... then trying to beat Santa back to Temecula! We had to leave when he was in Arizona on the Santa tracker!
2 comments:
I'm glad that I finally made the blog after being on blog sabbatical. :)- Sam
LOVE the piano playing elves with the pillow pets under that's a lifetime shot!
Post a Comment