Monday, October 3, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

As soon as we got home... and I mean that literally... Sunday late afternoon (July 10th) the kids noticed that all their friends' garages were open and they were out playing in the culdesac!  They were SOO EXCITED!!  Ella had been asking about "Twistin" for DAYS!  So... while we did make them help us unpack and clean up a bit (which we normally don't do on Sunday's... but how sad we found that it didn't even feel like a Sunday because we hadn't been to church,) we also let them run a muck outside!  They had a lot of pent up energy thanks to spending a lot of time in the car!!  So funny!  They were on scooters, bikes, etc. and eventually they were playing cops and escape robbers.  Lovely.  Not only because the older kids were the escapees, but also because the younger kids were the SIRENS.  Yikes.  So glad it was outside!  We didn't even bother to lecture them about running away from cops.  Not worth it!  ;o)
Amazingly enough we got all the bags UNPACKED and put away that night.  I know... it usually takes me a week... sometimes more, but we got it done QUICK!  Damian fixed dinner and I worked on organizing and sorting!  Yay!
Monday the 11th of July was actually a very SLOTHFUL day... in terms of FUN!  The kids basically watched TV ALL DAY!  The day after you get home from vacation is always very hard... for me, anyway!  I did countless loads of laundry, lots of checkbook balancing, bill paying, getting clothes ready to send to Hayden (from Braeden's old stuff), blogging, catching up on e-mail, returning phone calls, etc.  Busy, but slothful.  I do have to admit that I took a short nap while waiting for some laundry... and I feel guilty because Damian had to be at work at 5:30 AM!!!  Poor guy.  We're back on Q3.  For those that don't know this term already, it means that he is on call (at the hospital) every 3rd day (with little or NO sleep during the 24-30 hr. shift.)  IIIIICKKK!  We are so NOT looking forward to the coming month.  :'o(
Tuesday we got up later than usual... though I'm not sure why!  Haha!  And I had to go have some lab work done.  Then we got our donation pile of stuff over to the DI trailer at the church, did all the yard and garden work (which included harvesting lots of beans and sweet peas!), and then hurried off to the pool with our friends, the Draughon's!!  Yay!  A couple of hours spent at the pool with friends can ALWAYS fit into a summertime schedule!  Braeden and Kimber still don't know that they are boy and girl!  Thank heavens!!  They are simply just great friends and it is so fun to watch them!  (All three of Tammy's girls have had really good friends named Braeden... though all spelled differently:  Braeden (Kimber's friend), Brayden (Tori's friend), and Braden (Kaylee's)!  So funny!  We are so thankful to be included in that group!
Then when we got home we finished cleaning the car mats and the kids started washing the beans and peas, snapping the beans and cutting the peas!  So fun!  They love it... and they (with the obvious exception of Ella) eat them like candy!  Especially Lexi!
Readying our bounty of green beans and peas.
That's a lot... not for most people, but for us.  We hadn't had this many peas ever before.

A little over dressed for the occasion, yes, but still willing and wanting to help snap beans!  :o)

We had yummy breakfast for dinner that included a smoothie made with some of the blueberries we picked several weeks ago and froze for just such an occasion!
Wednesday we had lots of shopping errands to do.  I had put it off as long as was possible, but the need for fresh produce and other essentials (plus a FEW non-essentials) became overwhelming, so... we set out on the day's running about!  Costco's samples got the best of me this time... Lexi talked me into getting some cheeseburgers... that really were pretty good!  We got some corn to go with them at Henry's and had them for lunch before setting out to the necessary EVIL:  Walmart!
We watched TV, did some reading, worked on letters with Ella, and had milkshakes as part of our dinner!  And we finished the day by watching Home Alone 3!  Haha!  They laughed... and laughed... and laughed.  Said Braeden:  "That kids is REALLY smart.  AND he has a REALLY GOOD imagination!"  True, but PLEASE... DON'T try this AT OUR HOME!  ;o)
Thursday we had to get the car finished, and while Damian was sleeping (post-call) we also cleaned his car... inside and out!  :o)  Then we had 3 of the Draughon children over (Tori, Kimber, and Tavin) while the oldest went with her mom to sit in line for the midnight showing of HARRY POTTER!
Friday... I wasn't feeling really great.  I read basically the whole day, worked on some Primary stuff, and was generally just a sloth.
After a while we decided to make smoothies and popcorn and watch a movie.  (Such easy entertainment that I don't usually allow with friends we don't have a chance to play with very often because of busy schedules, but... once in a while is okay, right?)
Can you tell the movie??  I'll give you 3 guesses.  That should give you the chance to get it, since there's only 3!  Figure it out!!  :o)

Saturday we headed to South Ponto Beach to meet the Draughon's again and were happy to see the Kendrick's there, also!  That made for such a fun and almost relaxing afternoon!  The kids caught THE BIGGEST sand crabs ever!  Ick.  They were disgusting!  And they boogie boarded to their hearts' content!

Sunday was church as usual, but I brought Buffalo Chips with me!  Haha!  I had made them using that spray insulation foam stuff, some grass clippings on top, and some green and brown spray paint!  One of the older boys was very complimentary to me about them being authentic!  Hahahaha!  They are disgusting... and look very real!  I'm very proud of myself, considering the fact that I hate poop!  And... for the record, it was a lesson about the pioneers!  Figure it out if you don't already know the stories!

No comments:

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background