Thursday, 14 April was Open House at the school! Lexi and Braeden got to show off their rooms and a BUNCH of the stuff they had made in recent months. It was a zoo, but so fun to see! It's a glorified "show off" session! But we are sooo thankful for the teachers that they have. They are wonderful and put their hearts and souls into their work and our children get to reap the benefits!
 |
| Yay! Daddy made it just in time for the classroom visits! The next few pictures are from Braeden's kindergarten class. |
 |
| This started a lovely trend. They had talked about how bees can be "angry" and sting you. He took it a little too far... just wait and see! He cracks me up. |
 |
| Braeden and Mrs. Shorack... have I ever mentioned that we LOVE her?? We do! |
 |
| See what I mean?? Too funny! I love that this ant likes sugar and music. |
 |
| The stems of the sunflowers stems are the height of the student. So fun! |
 |
| This cracks me up! I have to say that I had NO IDEA what an entomologist was when I was in kindergarten. NONE!! And I certainly didn't want to be a "bug doctor"... or even touch them... or look at them... :o) |
 |
| This is what it looks like all put together. Notice he has caught a butterfly and an ant in his jar?? |
The next two pictures are my personal show off time. Mrs. Robertson found out that I paint banners and she conned me into painting this stuff for open house. They were talking about living things, how they grow and change, etc. So... she sent me home and didn't give me any ideas, but what I came up with totally matched what they were doing! Yay! You can't see them super well because of the lamination, but... you get the idea. I now have to paint some butterflies for Lexi and Ella's room!

 |
| And the rest of these are from Lexi's classroom... A-MAZING! |
 |
| Totally her, don't you think?? |
 |
| And it's always fun to see how they picture themselves! This is her self-portrait! |
 |
| I LOVE these! I didn't get a picture of Braeden's, though he did one... not as bright, but totally amazing, too. This was the selection for Meet the Masters the month before. |
 |
| Ick. Mrs. Robertson got them all mealworms... ick. And only one of her worms morphed into a beetle. |
 |
| And she just reaches in an touches it... she likes snakes, too. All kinds of slithery, creepy, crawly things... I don't know who these kids belong to! |
 |
| Lexi and Mrs. Robertson. We LOVE her, too! We've had a great year, and she has taken such good care of Lexi. |
4 comments:
Loved seeing all the school stuff! We have meet the masters at our school as well, LOVE that program. Cute kiddos!
You really need to have Brayden talk to Mary Alice at the next get together. You know that is exactly what she is - a "bug doctor". I'll bet he would find her fascinating. My kids sure do!
On the picture next to the angry ant, does it say I have preity ass? I think she's a little self confident eh?
EYES, katie. Pretty EYES.
Post a Comment