Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Funnies!!

This has been a LONG TIME coming!  Lots of these are OLD, but they are still worth journaling!  Some aren't as funny now in just text as they were when they were said... in the setting... you know... the whole, "You just had to be there" kind of stuff, but...
Hope you ENJOY and get a giggle or two!

"Yay, Mom!  I got a New HEMISPHERE quarter!!"  -  Lexi
Translation:  New HAMPSHIRE!!  Hahaha!  We giggled at her for a while!  She doesn't get stuff wrong very often anymore, and it's always a treat when she does!  ;o)

After our Easter Egg Hunt here in the back yard, the kids sat down at the table outside and started opening their eggs to see what they got.  Ella went to open her first egg (the PLASTIC ones, mind you) and she carefully TAPPED it on the table to CRACK it open!
The good news about this:  At least she knows that eggs actually have to be cracked open and she hopefully won't just put an egg, shell and all, into something she's baking later on!!

Just the other night Ella was in and out of bed over and over again until it was shamefully late, so instead of trying to just force her back into bed I asked if she wanted me to rock her.  She nodded and we headed into my room.  {Note here:  I AM so GRATEFUL for being able to do this with her.  She wasn't cuddly as a baby, so I'm happy that I still have this opportunity!}  After only a minute or so of rocking, she leaned up and whispered to me, "This was JUST what I needed!  I love you, Mommy!"  Awww!

"X-Men-O-Lution" - Ella
Translation:  X-Men EVOLUTION!

"Dad!  You're shoving that Q-tip in my brain!" - Braeden
"Listen here!  I'm a doctor!  I can pull people's brains out through their ears!" - Damian
"Can you teach me how to be a doctor when I grow up?" - Braeden
"No.  Hopefully you'll be smarter than that and do something else!" - Damian
"Maybe he can be a teacher at Vintage Hills!!!" - Lexi
Translation:  We think teachers are smarter than doctors around here!

"What did you say?  I was rubbing my EYES, so I couldn't HEAR you!" - Alexa
Translation:  NOT LISTENING, AS USUAL!

"But ELLA did it FIRST!" - Braeden
Translation:  Seriously?  We even follow the bad examples of 2 yr. olds??  (Yes, 2!  I told you these were old!)

"ScooVy Doo" - Ella
Translation:  ScooBy Doo

"Smarshmallows" - Ella
Translation:  Marshmallows!

"Please GO!  I just want some time to MYSELF!" - Braeden
Translation:  ??  Really??  And of all the people to be saying this.  If you know Braeden at all you know that he NEVER leaves people alone.  He's always BUGGING SOMEONE! 

From the song "Book of Mormon Stories":  "Long ago their fathers came from far across the STREET!" - Ella
Translation:  It's SEA, Ella!  Far across the SEA!

"Triangle" - Ella
Translation:  TRICYCLE

"Minnie Pooh and Cheeto" - Ella
Translation:  WINNIE the Pooh and TIGGER!!!  (She thinks that Tigger looks like the Cheeto tiger.  ;o)

"Mom!  Mom!  Look at lat guy!!  He's following us!" - Ella... at the top of her lungs
Translation:  Some random guy was walking behind us, going the same direction, in WALMART, where there are hundreds of other people walking around.  Seriously, Ella??  (This was a LONG time ago!)

"I understand every word you said, Ella, I just don't know what you're talking about." - Mommy
"Okay!  Love you, bye!" - Ella  (as she walks away and gives up)

"We're going grass hopping??!!  Where are they?" - Ella
Translation:  I had said I needed to GRAB SOMETHING... not go grass hopping!  Haha!

"Nobody in this family is nice to me.  They're nice to everyone else, but not me!!" - Lexi
Translation:  DRAMA

I know there are more, but I don't know where the scraps of paper I have scratched them down on are.  Humpf.  Well... hope you enjoy anyway!

2 comments:

Lisa & Aukuso said...

OH MY! Minnie Poo and Cheeto! I am still laughing out loud in my office...my coworker came to see what was so funny. She laughed too. I can't wait to hear what kinds of funny things Leila will say!

Gail said...

I love your funnies!! You need a funnies jar to put them all in so you don't misplace the scraps and you can put up more for our viewing (reading?) pleasure!! And Minnie Poo was way too funny for me... given what Minnie means at my house! Ha!

About Me

Crazy, stay-at-home mother of three; Alexa, Braeden, and Ella, and wife of Damian! We love life, although sometimes it's just hard to make it through one simple day. We all love each other... more than we can usually show or tell, and we love our friends and family very much! We LOVE the beach, having company, eating out (a rare treat now with three kids 8 and under), swimming, and playing outside!

Background